Saturday, November 28, 2015

Arguing with Myself


Discussion with self:

Inspiration part of me (IS):  You need to post to your blog.

Argumentative part of me (AS):  I know, but I have so little to write at the moment.

IS:      People will wonder where you are.
AS:    I've thought of that; but I still don't have much to write   
           about just now.
IS:     Maybe you should just visit other bloggers; 
          see what's going on in their lives.
AS:    Now that's a guilt trip, if ever there was one.
IS:     No.  It's just a reminder that you miss the many 
          you've come to know & love.
AS:   Well that's true, but I feel so unmotivated.
IS:    What's that all about?
AS:   Lazy.
IS:    You probably need to work on that.






It's likely nothing will change before the end of 2015, at least not where blogging or writing is concerned; the conflict will continue. I had fully intended when this year began to minimize the amount of time I spent here, but I had no intention of the minimum being so minimal a minimum.  Already I'm thinking about some changes for 2016, all the while hoping my Inspired Self will win out.  


7 comments:

Denise said...

love and blessings sweet friend

Sonja Goodson said...

Ha! I thibnk our lives are paralling each other... same going on here. Hubby just had a knee replacement and getting back to normal take awhile. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I miss my blogging friends, but apparently it hasn't motivated speech!! :)

rebecca said...

I hope your Inspired Self will win out, too!
I miss you and think about you often.

Saleslady371 said...

Oh, that tension of the writer...I hope the IS takes over because you always have something timely to say, to challenge, to inspire just in your everyday life in Cowboy Haven. Blogging shares the heart in ways FB can't. May your holidays be filled with peace and joy.

Sharon said...

Personally, I miss your presence in Blog Land. So I'm voting for IS...

GOD BLESS!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hey ... just wanted you to know I check in here every now and again.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I often argue with myself, and have had some of the same thoughts you shared here. Whether you blog or not, you are fondly thought about, and I am thankful for your friendship.