Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother on My Mind




I stood there looking at heaven's rays
Thinking I might just grab a gaze
Of her brown eyes or gnarled hands
Where she now lives in heaven's lands.

I held my breath & willed a prayer
As if she might descend a stair;
Coming near with tender touch ~
I longed to see her, oh so much

The years have ripened since she went;
My own life nearly all but spent.
My hands now gnarled; my eyes now dim,
At heart I am her child again.

I stood there long at heaven's rays
Knowing she has caught a gaze
Of her wee lass who'll come her way
Because she was a mom who'd pray.

I cannot see her from this place.
So I must, I will run out my race.
Then one day I will climb that ray
Upon the route of heaven's way.

I love you, Mom; I'm glad you wait
For me to join you through that gate.
And until then I'll long to see 
Your tender eyes look back at me.  

~ Me

In loving memory of the
amazing lady known as
Helen Evelyn Grinnell Wells

My Mother







5 comments:

Sonja Goodson said...

Thank you for once again expressing my own heart, especially during this Mother's Day weekend. It hit very close to home and I am standing right there with you shouting DITTO, ME TOO!!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Saleslady371 said...

My heart is touched. Beautiful. Happy Mother's Day, Kathleen!

Sharon said...

Oh, oh, oh. Just beautiful, simply beautiful. I had the wonderful blessing of being with my mom yesterday (82 years old), and I will never, ever be able to repay her for not only giving me life, but for leading me to my Savior and His gift of eternal life!

Can't wait to meet your mom someday!

GOD BLESS!

Simple Home said...

That was beautiful!! I lost my mom last summer. I wrote a post about her passing, and mentioned that for about a year before, she talked about going to see her mom. She longed for her. I get it now. Thank you for sharing.

Just a little something from Judy said...

This makes me want to run and hug my mother another time. What a precious picture and what a lady she must have been! I truly look forward to meeting her in heaven, and telling her what a blessing her daughter was in my life!