Thursday, January 1, 2015

Well Hello There Empty Canvas

As I crafted my So Long 2014 post I included a comment that I want to keep front & center as I begin applying color to 2015's canvas:  "The process of setting goals must be infused with humility."

Come to think of it, the epicenter of that comment is actually what I want to keep front & centera, & well in focus:  Humility.   Now there's a crayon I could use more often.    





I don't have a Bucket List, but there are things I very much want to do or achieve while I am among the living ~ and all the more so as the #70 is now clearly within view. Thus it shook me a bit when I realized how many of those things involve some form of vanity or another.  The list is too long to itemize so you'll have to trust me; it's a crayon I've pulled out & used far too often. 

But here we go, friends ... the first day of a new year.  I almost hesitate to step out as if I'll muss up new fallen snow or draw outside the lines.  Then again, some of my most precious masterpieces are the ones that were born in those ways.







"Come now, let us settle the matter,"
says the Lord.
"Though your sins are like scarlet
they shall be as white as snow;
although they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.
If you are willing and obedient,
you will eat the good things of the land ... "
Isaiah 1:18-19


5 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Love this post and message. BTW, love that Scripture!

Rebecca said...

Don't you just wonder where the YEARS have gone???? God bless your "steps" and path in 2015 as you live for the glory of God!

Nancy said...

God will never lead you where He won't go and will never ask anything of you that He won't be there with you so you go girl....Step out and be all He has created you to be....

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I don't think it's possible for you to mess it up! Color outside the lines ... yes. But mess it up? Never. God has it all in his hands! Blessings for the year ahead. May you sense the Father's great love for you all year round.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I had to think of Moses when I read your shared quote. Just think how his little step into the raging Red Sea, changed his life and his faith, and the faith of thousands since then. You are right, we never have any idea where our tiny little steps will lead. Wishing you courage and joy in the year ahead!