Wednesday, December 31, 2014

So Long 2014







This year began with many questions looming large.  A few: 

Would our daughter beat Ovarian Cancer?
Would our dream to live in rural America materialize?
Would retirement finally come for hubby?
Would our youngest son finally find suitable employment?
Would our energy stores be sufficient for unfolding demands?
Could I actually train a puppy?
Would we find & enjoy a new Church?


Those and many other questions have been answered ~ at least in part, and largely in the positive (if not the powerful).  I am grateful. 2014 has been a mixed-bag year; a year of tears & frustration; of excitement & joy, of fits & starts & dead-ends; of holding on & letting go; of new adventures & exciting projects.  Yes ... a mixed bag.  



So, as I begin to pack away 2014 along with the glitter of Christmas, I find myself wondering about 2015.  It is the first year in many that I find myself with few, if any, real plans or goals.   That actually gives me pause as I've long subscribed to Benjamin Franklin's perspective:  If you fail to plan you are planning to fail.  

Come to think of it, it's a bit scary to step onto a clean, white canvass with nary a vision or thought in sight about what's to be painted there.    

Thus it is my hope & prayer that I will continue to hear God's voice in the days to come; that I will walk decidedly & courageously in the direction He leads; that it will continue to be my heart's desire to be at the center of His will; to overcome anything that sabotages that initiative (I could write a tome on that subject alone).   

When all else fails, it is always good to begin at the beginning because He is forever & always in residence there (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1).  In the beginning God ...  


However, just because we've done our planning
doesn't guarantee our goals will be met.  The process
of setting goals must be infused with humility 
~ See James 4:13-14

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gates.
~ Proverbs 30:29-31








4 comments:

Nancy said...

2014 has certainly been a year of both pain and joy for you and your family but God has been faithful to show you His grace as you have walked in faith. Maybe a clean slate is good for the new year. I have no doubt that as you seek God, He will be faithful to show you the path He wants you to take. Happy New Year friend....

Sharon said...

I heartily agree with you. 2014 was a mixed bag for me, too. It was the year that God laid upon my heart the word JOY as a *theme* - and then my father died 16 short days into January. I wondered, I wrestled, and in the end, I looked back and realized that God had taught me a great deal about the true meaning of JOY.

I hope I learned my lessons well. For I want to carry them forward into this new year.

Wishing you and yours all the best. I look forward to sharing the journey in 2015.

GOD BLESS!

Sonja Goodson said...

Happy New Year my friend! I am blessed to call you 'friend'. Looking forward to what God has in store for this year, in each of our lives.

Love you!

Just a little something from Judy said...

A new year ahead, but a God that is the same yesterday, today and forever! What could be better than having Him at the helm, and knowing He loves us more than we could ever begin to comprehend! Looking forward to the steps ahead.