Monday, December 15, 2014

Back Roads Living

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger,
or more complex, and more violent.  
It takes a touch of genius ~ and a lot of 
courage ~ to move in the opposite direction."
 E.F. Schumacher


Most you know I'm a word junkie.  It's not necessarily big words I gravitate towards, but the little-used ones that are packed with meaning; that make me think.  Well, now I want you to know that I'm a photo junkie too.  

In my computer is a file I've titled:  "Pretties & Sentiments". That's where I house hundreds of lovely things I've grabbed or scanned from various sources.  I can go there anytime and fill up on the sensory reminders of the indefatigable glory & goodness of God. You know what I mean.  It's the sort of glory displayed in great & small ways before our very eyes if & when we look.

Today I want to share just one photo among the many.  Not only is the snow scene lovely & inspiring, but the sentiment noted resonates with me on so many levels.  After all, I have chosen to live on life's back roads literally.

So grab your mittens & a warm blanket, and climb aboard to join me on a quiet meander in the snow.  The only sounds we'll hear are the muffled plopping of the horse's hooves on the crunching snow beneath them, and the strain of our carriage as wood & metal & leather obey their gait.  Sweet.   


Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!  


Life is simpler on the back roads.





"Eliminate physical clutter.  More importantly, 
eliminate spiritual clutter."
~ Terri Guillemets

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
~ Leonardo da Vinci

I rejoiced greatly in the Lord ... for I have learned
to be content whatever the circumstances.
... I have learned the secret of being content in
any and every situation ...
Philippians 4:10-12 (portions)




P.S.  Many of your photography skills are prolific, which is why I thoroughly enjoy visiting your Blogs.  One in particular stands out as I write about the sort of scenes that bless us by their beauty and simplicity, and that's Just a Little Something hosted by my friend Judy.  Go see for yourself ...    

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I really loved that photo - it made me feel like I was literally on that ride! We got a little bit of snow in our neck of the woods on Friday, and more is expected this week. Snow is one of my favorite things about living up here on the mountain. It's so peaceful, and so beautiful, and always reminds me of what my Savior did for me...

...washed my sins white as snow.

Praise His name!!

GOD BLESS!

Just a little something from Judy said...

It is early on Saturday morning. As I sit here at my computer, with my cup of coffee, and processing the thoughts of some of the discouraging things that have happened in my week, I traveled to your blog. And you know what? God lifted my spirits and gave me joy, through you. Thank you so much for your sweet gift of kind words. What a dear lady you are, and what an amazing God we serve!