Thursday, October 10, 2013

Love of Labyrinths





  • Crossword puzzles  
  • Hide-n-Seek  
  • Checkers  
  • Corn mazes 
  • Word finds 
  • Jigsaw puzzles  
  • Whodunits
  • Balancing my checkbook  

This is the stuff of my imagination; that which I gravitate towards. (OK ... so I lied about the checkbook) 

I love a good mystery; I love a challenge; I love finding solutions; I love outcomes (the good sort, anyway).  Where some minds see a dead end, I see no such thing.

In no small way this seemingly playful stuff rendered me well-suited to the business realm that was home to my imagination for well over 30 years.  I navigated many a labyrinth, though not always well.  Sometimes I'd be stymied & stupored (I know, not a real word) & stopped, but that inborn love of solutions served me often, and well.  It still does.   

I marvel at the intricacies of the human brain and its wiring; and how unique that wiring is to each & every one of us ~ a sort of intellectual labyrinth.  We can be so much alike while being incredibly different simultaneously.  Who but a Master Labyrinth Maker could conceive of such a thing?   

There are so many "Why?"s and "How?"s and "What?"s in my life at present.  Yet I am content to ponder, regroup, remain still and/or move forward with sure-footed resolve.  God is well able to open closed passageways, or inspire my feet to take another course. 

His is not a love of labyrinths, but a Labyrinth of Love!

.".. what if your stereotype of theology really isn’t theology. After all, at its simplest, to do theology is to know more and more about God. That doesn’t sound boring or dangerous at all. Theology is the great social network of knowing God. As God, by his Spirit, applies his words from all over the Bible to our soul, imagination, and worldview, we meet him, not just abstract ideas."  

~ Marshall Segal of John Piper Ministries 

All of life is a labyrinth. 


Now to him who is able to establish you in 
accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim 
about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation 
of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 
but now revealed and made known through 
the prophetic writings by the command 
of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles 
might come to the obedience that comes from faith
  to the only wise God be glory forever through 
Jesus Christ! 
Amen. 
~ Romans 16:25-27


... God gave me to present to you the word 
of God in its fullness — the mystery that has been 
kept hidden for ages and generations, 
but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. 
To them God has chosen to make known among 
the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, 
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 
~ Colossians 1:25-27


... without controversy great is 
the mystery of godliness:  
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory. 
~ Timothy 3:16


We do, however, speak a message of wisdom 
among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age 
or of the rulers of this age, who are
coming to nothing. 
No, we declare God’s wisdom, 
a mystery that has been hidden 
and that God destined for our glory 
before time began. 
~ 1 Corinthians 2:6-7

6 comments:

Sonja Goodson said...

Perfectly said! He is speaking his truth into your life in new ways, I can see it and hear it, or maybe not new at all, just proving again who he is!

"stupored"... you know I love it! :)

xo

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Loved this post-love your heart! We have so many ways to find His lessons right in front of us.
Hugs today.
Noreen

Betty Draper said...

Thought provoking post. Glad I stopped by.

Just a little something from Judy said...

My brain was challenged once again by visiting you. I will never look at the word "labyrinth" the same again. I leave your blog and sit here thinking back over all you shared. What a thinker and a writer you are!

I love the verses you shared. What comfort and what joy they can add to our lives when the journey seems dark and troubling at times.

Thank you my friend! I am praying for you often, and can't imagine all that you are facing.

Linda Bethard Vaughan said...

I am refreshed by your written words which inspire loftier thoughts. I love your blog!!!

Debbie Petras said...

I can see you being intrigued by things like this Kathleen. I've been following along on Facebook as you begin another exciting journey. Good for you my friend. I mentioned you in my blog post today on Heart Choices. I am up to #1000 on my blessing list. I'm so thankful for blogging friends like you.

Blessings and love,
Debbie