Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Goliath Comes to Call


 
On several occasions in recent days I've come here.  With fingers on the keyboard, heart astir & thoughts jumbled, I have hoped something ~ anything ~ would magically materialize.  No such magic.  So I've decided to navigate my way through this anyway, along with the jumbles & astirs.  And tears.  And prayers.

If my daughter can stand up to the Goliath of Ovarian Cancer, I can surely write something about it.  Or rather, about her.  She is the heroine of this story; the beauty facing down the beast.

I've decided not to chronicle Molly's journey here or write copious explanations about this particular form of cancer and its treatment.   Mostly I want to convey that it's a Stage 3 Goliath, one that requires she undergo major surgery, followed by an extensive recuperation process first in the hospital, then at home.  She then faces rounds of Chemo.

Anyone even remotely familiar with cancer knows all about the ugly stuff.  So let's consider the Beauty instead:  

Molly Diane  

 

Born December 12, 1970
She is our only & much-loved daughter. 



 No matter what she undertook, then as now, 
there was bound to be squeals of delight & laughter. 

It was at about this time that her Daddy began
calling her Tootie Bug.  It stuck.



Fearless, agile & athletic,
she was forever taking on some new
challenge or adventure.   


Though the middle child, she was never
a wedge-child.  Her larger-
than-life personality didn't permit it.
Anyone that knows her, loves her.



She grew more beautiful 
with each passing year.  



Whether baseball, skiing, soccer or volleyball,
she loved the outdoors & sports, & she loved to win.


  

I remember this day as though it were
last week.  There's very little that's 
daunted this one.



This is one of my all-time favorite photos, taken the 
day of her baby brother's (Kelly) wedding.



Molly's greatest joy has been in being
mother to Rylie.  We should have known
how close they'd be these nearly 17 years:
Rylie was born on December 12 
~ her mother's birthday!



Terry & I can think of few things in life we 
treasure as much as Molly & Rylie.  Their
frequent visits when we lived in Arizona
are among our best memories. 



Molly was a single mother for many, many years.
Then came Tom ... The love of her life!



With Tom came Megan & Ava.
Rylie now has sisters (and they
love each other dearly), and his
girls love Molly, who they affectionately 
call "Mummie".
    

And just last December they married.
The date:  December 12


There is neither time nor space to take you through 
the lot of the life that is uniquely Molly's.  
Tomorrow that life will be in the hands of skilled surgeons.  


I would greatly appreciate your keeping 
Molly, Tom, Rylie, Megan & Ava,
in your prayers.  
They have an anniversary 
to celebrate on December 12, 2013.

Goliath is not welcome.




Lullaby ~ Goodnight My Angel 

11 comments:

Denise said...

My heart truly hurts for you my friend. So very sorry about this sad news concerning Molly. Of course I will be lifting her up before the throne concerning the cancer, and tomorrows surgery. Asking God to guide the surgeons hands. I love you.

Nancy said...

Thank goodness we have the vision of Goliath being slain and so this will be my vision for Molly's Goliath. I will definitely be praying for her surgery tomorrow and for all of those who love her so dearly....You are in my heart sweet friend....

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

Kneeling in prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonja Goodson said...

Your heart for Molly is written here so beautifully Kathleen. The music... oh wow! My heart aches for you all tonight, but right away I am thinking of David, and how he faced Goliath down... and won!

Know that I and so many others, are standing in faith for Molly... a whole line of 'David's'... tomorrow, and in the coming days. I also pray for special strength for you, as her mom...

I love Psalm 3:5 for you and Molly tonight...
"Then I lay down and slept in peace and woke up safely, for the Lord was watching over me."

Praying right beside you my friend.

Love,
Sonja

Ray Barnes said...

Prayers daily for your Molly Kathleen.
Her strength of character should help her win this battle.
No place for Goliath in this story.
Blessings.

Debbie said...

Oh Kathleen my heart is just hurting for you this morning as I can only just imagine how you are feeling. I have lifted Molly in prayer and I will continue to do so often in the days, weeks, and months ahead. We all know the fate of Goliath, and this will be no different. HUGS to you!

Sharon said...

Yes, joining in the chorus of prayers. May the Lord grant all of you peace today. May the Lord guide the hands of the surgeons, and prayers for the very best possible outcome.

I see Molly flinging her stone at Goliath. I truly do.

GOD BLESS!

Maryann said...

Praying for your sweet Molly as i read this.
You will keep in perfect peace whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you Isaiah. Trust in the lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself is the Rock eternal 26:3-4
Will continue to keep your family in prayer
Blessings

Renee Regnier said...

Praying, dear sister!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Beautiful tribute to a precious daughter. With her warrior-heart (and yours) Goliath is going down. Fight on with the courage of David and in the strength of God Almighty. Love you dearly.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Praying for you, Molly, and all your family today. Not sure what you are facing right now, but God brought you all to my thoughts and I am praying. I am reminded again, of what a beautiful daughter and granddaughter you have!