Monday, December 31, 2012

Slán go fóill

No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen
the friendship of those who are thoroughly
persuaded of each other's worth. 
~Robert Southey

If we knew that today would be our last how might we spend it?  What sage words might flow from tongue or pen?  What intentional act(s) would we craft?   Who might we seek out for one long, last hug?  Where might we go, or not go?   

These are the tenor of my thoughts today, and for many of the days & months leading here.

Rest assured:  I'm full of robust health with nary a notion of vacating my mortality any time soon - God willing.  But today is the last day I will make the blogosphere a regular stop in my daily or weekly route.  It's time to shift gears, change chapters, move along, take a break and otherwise disengage.  The Aborigines call this a walkabout.   

What's ahead?

I don't know.
 
What I do know is that I am not leaving YOU.  You will remain in my thoughts & prayers.  I will occasionally drop by for a dose of delight or wisdom. 

The fact is:   You've altered my world.  Some of you have become lifelong friends ... people like Judy, Debbie, Sonja, Elaine, Beth, Luther, Lisa, Mary.  Yet others of you have filled my world with warmth, wit & charm - Rosel, Noreen, Karen, Father David, Linda, Robin, Susan, Jen, Janet, Ray, Denise, Patrina, Beth2, Rebecca, Maryanne, Shirley, Melanie, Peggy, Renee, Bren, Lea, Nancy, Andrea. 

“The next best thing to being wise oneself
is to live in a circle of those who are.”
~ C.S. Lewis

Most (if not all) of us will spend eternity together, so parting need not be sorrowful ~ sweet or otherwise.  Forever is such a long, long, long time. 

This I also know:  2013 will be a year of refreshing; a year of renewing, reviving, reinvigorating & replenishing.  I'm counting on it. 

How blessed am I that I went from being no one, to being Know One; and to have been granted the great blessing of faith, family & friendships.  What more is there? 

But one who looks intently at the perfect law,
the law of liberty, and abides by it,
not having become a forgetful hearer
but an effectual doer,
this man shall be blessed in what he does. 
~ James 1:25

 

Slán go fóill
(Gaelic for: "Goodbye for now.")
 
 

22 comments:

manthano said...

May it not be for long.

Renee Regnier said...

In the short time that I have known you I have claimed you as a kindred spirit and definitely a sister in Yeshua. Thank you for your impact in so many lives, mine especially!

With thanks,
Renee

NanaNor's said...

My dear friend, I so understand your listening to His voice over your blog but pray your absence will be short indeed; though I can find you on FB. May His Grace and Love fill your days and life and overflow to others as you walk in Him.
With love,
Noreen

skoots1mom said...

Praying His Presence engulfs you, whispers His loving verses to you, rejuvenates you and lets you totally be enthralled by Him...will miss catching up and reading the words of wisdom He gives you so eloquently. my pen has been rather dry lately and this time of yeat brings a need for solice and warmth. God bless you and yours :)

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Blessings my sweet friend for whatever comes next. You wise words will be very much missed!

Blessings for a wonderful new year!

R

Debbie said...

Oh I definitely understand, and know you must listen to His leading, but I will miss you for sure! May the Lord bless you abundantly in 2013! HUGS

Debbie Petras said...

These are questions I've been asking myself lately as they are part of the book I've been working on writing. If today was my last I would be spending it with loved ones sharing my heart with them. I wouldn't hold back either. My heart's desire is that my loved know Jesus as their personal Savior and that they would walk with Him all the days of their lives. It's as simple as that!

You have become a life long friend to me Kathleen!

Love you,
Debbie

elaineolsen@live.com said...

Go with God, sweet friend, and please be in touch as you feel led. I shall miss you greatly.

Peace for your journey,
elaine

Debbie Petras said...

I also wanted to add that you will be so missed in our blogging world Kathleen. But I do understand. I'm so glad that we will continue to be friends and keep in touch. I look forward to your next visit to the Phoenix area. I've missed you.

Love,
Debbie

PS. Did you know Sonja also posted her last blog post? What am I going to do without you two writing and keeping us in line?

Patrina's Pencil said...

Hard to believe...You have so much wisdom to share.. You will me deeply missed...You were one of my first finds in blog-villa. I remember the day you followed me at my place. Such a wise woman as your self... actually took time to read something I wrote.

What a difference you have made with your presence here.

Wishing you blue skies and flowering gardens as you ponder your 'next'. Know...I'll be just a click away...though I do not update often.

Peace to you today and beyond...
patrina <")>><

Denise said...

I am honored to have been blessed by your friendship. Love and many blessings to you in 2013. You will truly be missed.

Sonja said...

So here we are my friend, both looking to the 'next'... and for me not yet knowing exactly what that means. I do know this, you are on my email list, and you will be hearing from me as this year progresses. It's a very special thing to share hearts and really connect, and I always have with you.

I will be praying and watching to see what is ahead in your NewYear. You are one of those 'rare ones', and you have blessed me over and over as you've shared your heart.

Love & prayers go with you, and like you said, we may meet again on these very pages, but for now...

Big hugs!

Cheryl Barker said...

Kathleen, God bless you as you go forward into whatever He has for you! I'm glad we can keep in touch through Facebook :) All the best!

LisaShaw said...

My precious friend, I am SO thankful that we are connected on FB and still very dear friends. I wouldn't want to lose total touch with you. Every time your beautiful face and power-house words are typed in a comment on my page I SMILE and think--go SASSY!!!

I love you and pray all God's best for you! I pray a beautiful, grace-filled 2013 for you and your family!

Lovingly,
Lisa

Kay said...

I will miss you, but certainly understand. My blog has been sitting quiet for a good while now. Hugs and enjoy your journey, my friend! : )

Vee said...

Now that is a big change... Wishing you well. Sorry to be so late in finding this. And you did give me a start so I am very happy that you are well and just shifting gears for now. Oh, one last thing, remember that it is always a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Nel said...

Wishing you the best my friend. Your words of wisdom will be missed. You have been a blessing to my life! Praying God continues to bless you and will lead you back here often!
until next time...nel

Deborah Ann said...

I've taken many breaks here. Sometimes I blog once a week, sometimes once every few months. But I love that the friendships remain intact!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Good morning dear friend! Today, you are on my heart and I visited here on your blog, just to visit. I can't tell you how many times I think of you and just how blessed my life is because of you, and all that I have gleaned from you. Wherever God leads you next, and however He continues to use you...others will be blessed.

Happy Friday!

Nancy said...

I am sad but like Forest Gump said "that's all I am going to say about that".....at least I'll see you around on FB...
Live the moments well sweet friend.....

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

We all need time away from blogging to refresh our souls. Listen for His voice, and He'll direct your paths.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Good afternoon dear friend! God brought you to my mind again today. I thought you would like to know that I prayed for you today and ask God to bless you with some unexpected joys. You are a special friend and sometimes it helps to be reminded that someone cares. I do!