Thursday, December 6, 2012

On the Road Again

For the past several days hubby and I have been roosted in Vancouver, British Columbia.  It's a beautiful city just 4 hours north of our home in Washington State.  So when Terry has work here I gladly tag along.  From the warmth of our downtown, 20th floor room we look out upon a city alive & aglitter.  

I've never been to Vancouver at Christmas-time.  What wonderful ambiance accompanies my usual touristy excursions this trip!  I've logged plenty of miles as I walk up hill & down; below ground, too.  The Malls here are neatly tucked away beneath the bustle of city life.  And I do mean bustle!


We head home later today, just in time to pack for Hawaii.  We leave the Pacific Northwest's chill at dawn's break on Saturday morning, exchanging it for the warmth of Maui's sun-baked shores. 

The reason for our tropical getaway is for a week-long celebration of our daughter's wedding to her long-time love.  Molly & Tom will marry on 12/12/12 - her birthday (42), and her daughter Rylie's birthday (16).  How cool is that?!!  Better still, we get two new granddaughters in the bargain:  Megan (11) and Ava (7).


I will be paying you a visit shortly.  In the meantime, just know that I treasure the cyber-friendship here ... friendship that's as real as any I know.

Love to all!


 


17 comments:

Renee Regnier said...

Enjoy, enjoy! Congratulations on your growing family! Thank you for sharing!

Sonja said...

I've always thought Vancouver was beautiful, but have never seen it at Christmas... what a sight!And now Hawaii, give me a break!! :)

Seriously, how wonderful to celebrate this so special and no doubt prayed for day with your wonderful 'kids and their kids'. God has blessed all of you to bring you together for this celebration, and I am thrilled for you!

xo

skoots1mom said...

you have a lot to celebrate...enjoy every minute. hubs has told me about how beautiful Vancouver is...i've never been able to go with him there during business trips...how fun!
Wiggle your toes in the sandy surf for moi!

Ray Barnes said...

Happy post and happy picture.
Have a wonderful week. Blessings for you and all your family.

Debbie said...

How fun and exciting to be traveling to Hawaii for this! Enjoy every minute of it, and congratulations to the happy couple! What a bonus to get a couple of more sweet grands out of the deal too.

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful opportunity and reason for celebration. God bless you all with much happiness, safety, good weather & some relaxing times.

...and I TOTALLY agree about cyber friendships :)

Linda Hoye said...

Enjoy your travels, Kathleen!

Yolanda said...

Congrats, and I've never been to Vancouver. It is on my bucket list!

Cheryl Barker said...

What a December you are having! Continue to enjoy!

Nel said...

How exciting! Grands are always wonderful. Congratulations on your family growing! What a wonderful time! And Hawaii how cool is that! Hope you have a wonderful time and everything goes as planned!
until next time... nel

Denise said...

Congrats to your daughter, enjoy this time my friend.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Exciting times for you and your hubby! Enjoy Hawaii and the wedding.

Peggy said...

What a wonderful reason and a wonderful season to celebrate a wedding. And new grandchildren also. How much fun you are having. enjoy it all this Christmas season.

Betty said...

Looking forward to seeing pictures...

Just a little something from Judy said...

I have heard from so many as to what a beautiful city Vancouver is, but I cannot imagine it's magical beauty during the Christmas season. How fortunate you are that you get to go with your husband on his business trips. I think that is so special!

Congratulations to your children on their wedding! Destination weddings hold lots of advantages to them. Time to visit with family, especially in such a lovely island. Those two new granddaughters are so blessed to become a part of your family.

Hope you are enjoying each aspect of this Christmas season.

Kay said...

What a travel and joy filled month you're having. I love it and can't wait to hear about all your adventures. Merry Christmas to you! : )

elaineolsen@live.com said...

I think we should change your handle to "traveling Granny"!

Why not?! Travel on, sister, and relish each precious moment. Undoubtedly you'll add much joy, wisdom, peace, and strength to the party.

peace~elaine