Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Kept Woman



I must confess, there are times when I just don't understand the fullness & complexity of God's amazing grace - - and never more than when it comes to the reality of being kept in Him, and by Him.  

There's so much talk today about how the Church is failing, or dead & dying.  I wonder how that fits with the fact of God's promises to the Body of Christ?  I must also wonder if it's not an indictment of God's Holy Spirit, Who actually guides, guards and leads the Church?    

Oh ... I readily recognize that shepherds & sheep can & do fall, or fail.  I recognize how goats move in much too close to unwary lambs; or weeds seek to choke out blooms.   

I also readily realize & rejoice in knowing that God's Kingdom WILL come on earth as it is in Heaven ... anyway.

It's good that we mortals aren't in charge!  



To those who have been called, 
who are loved in God the Father and
kept for Jesus Christ:  Mercy, peace 
and love be yours in abundance.
~ Jude 1-2

To him who is able to keep you from stumbling
 and to present you before his glorious presence 
without fault and with great joy 
to the only God our Savior be glory, 
majesty, power and authority, 
through Jesus Christ our Lord, 
before all ages, now and forevermore!
~ Jude 24-25










P.S.  We are still enjoying the Hawaiian Isle of Maui, having seen our daughter married last evening.  More on that another day ... Aloha!

7 comments:

Renee Regnier said...

I believe that the church has always been filled with false converts, people who say they are Christians, but really have never been born again. Consequently, the church does seem to be dying. But this is not an indictment of the Holy Spirit, because in amongst the fake Christians are the true believers. Our number may be small, but it is vibrant and alive and the promises of God are to those people. Plus, God promises there will always be a remnant! Thank you for your posts, you always make me think! :)

manthano said...

I rejoice that "HE" is able to keep me.
I sure am not able.
PRAISE OUR GOD.

Saleslady371 said...

He keeps us for sure. I am so glad of that. Enjoy your vacation. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Rebecca said...

Thank God, I, too, am a "kept woman"!

Your observations here are sobering, but God IS faithful and Jesus will not lose one person God has "given" Him!

Denise said...

Praising God for keeping me, love you. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

Wow a wedding...how wonderful, congratulations to all
I am so glad He keeps me....

Just a little something from Judy said...

Jude 24:25 is on of the most comforting and stabilizing verses in the Bible, and I go to it time and time again. Thanks so much for this post. I am happy to see that God continues to speak to your heart, even in the island of Hawaii:) He is so faithful!