Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Let Us Give Thanks


 
Not what we say about our blessings,
but how we use them,
is the true measure of our thanksgiving. 
~W.T. Purkiser
 
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
I would maintain that thanks are the
highest form of thought;
and that gratitude is happiness
doubled by wonder. 
~G.K. Chesterton
 
The Pilgrims made seven times more graves
than huts.   No Americans have been
 more impoverished than these who,
nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. 
~H.U. Westermayer 
 
Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.

~George Herbert
 
 
 
Joining this chorus of grateful voices to wish you & yours a truly blessed & memorable day of Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Thanksgiving Day / Weekend to YOU, too, Kathleen!

BTW, I really appreciated reading the "Ron" story. So many opportunities come and go for us EVERY day if we but see them for what they are and grab 'em....

skoots1mom said...

beautiful quotes...
Praying you and yours have a fantabulous Thanksgiving Day

Denise said...

Have a very blessed thanksgiving, love you.

Yolanda said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Debbie Petras said...

I am so thankful to know you Kathleen. You have been such a blessing in my life and I thank you for that. I hope we will have the opportunity to get together in person on one of your trips to Arizona.

Much love,
Debbie

Just a little something from Judy said...

I never heard the quote about the pilgrims, and I think that is so good! There is always a reason to find to be thankful. I like the quotes you shared, especially the one by G.K.Chesterton.

I am thankful for you, and I thank God for all that He gives you to share, that speaks to me in the recesses of my heart.