Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Trust



“Always watch where you are going.
Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the Forest
 that was left out by mistake.”
~ A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

There have been times when I've had to hang out the "Closed for Repairs" shingle.  Like you, I have been on the receiving end of a broken trust.  Ouch.

Worse, I've broken a trust.  Double-ouch.

Thank God for grace!  His towards me, and His working in/through me.

Reparations can be tough depending on the nature of the breach.  Of course we know that forgiveness is a vital, necessary framework, but even that can take time ... a process. 

I'm always happy when I see rust growing on the Broken Trust: Closed for Repairs sign

Like everything else in life, prevention trumps repairs every time.  Rust doesn't much like prevention.  But I do.

You can make up a quarrel,
but it will always show where it was patched. 
~Edgar Watson Howe

10 comments:

Betty said...

I have been thinking about trust a lot lately. It is hard to get back once it is broken. Good post. Like your "closed for repair" shingle. We have all put it out due to broken trust. Blessings.

Debbie Petras said...

Your words are so true! It is hard when that trust is broken. It can be all too easy to place a guard over your heart to prevent more hurt. But then it also prevents you from loving fully. Nowadays, I have been giving the Lord my heart each morning and entrust it to His care. I want to be able to give and receive love. I just don't like how hurt feels. :(

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Thoughts for the day said...

prevention is always good...tread lightly, carefully and with love.

Maryann said...

There is so much truth in all of this...reminder to make wise choices. Once trust is lost it is difficult to regain

Debbie said...

boy with what I have going on this was a very good, timely post. I said this very thing recently.."You can make up a quarrel,but it will always show where it was patched"....not in those exact words, but close. How careful we need to be with what flys out of our mouths and tongues. Things can definitely be forgiven, but forgotten? I don't think so. Hope all is well with you...

Rebecca said...

Afraid I've had to hang that sign out a time or two. It REALLY is hard to trust (even unrelated to the situation) people once your trust has been mishandled.

Saleslady371 said...

Sometimes we try to rush it. God is doing a thorough work and He'll get it done.

Denise said...

Very, very true.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

That is exactly where I am in life...Trying to trust someone close again....

Just a little something from Judy said...

When trust has been broken it can catch one so unexpectantly, and like the quote you shared states, the patches show. Then I found that I need to learn to live a different pattern in my life, one with patches. Another right on post. I think we have all been there, but I did not hear that quote before. So true.

Happy Monday!