Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Today's MSA Battle

“You will keep in perfect peace all
who trust in you, all whose thoughts
are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always,
for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.”
~ Isaiah 26:3-4

Somewhere in Southern California a young man of 42 years & his family are hoping beyond hope that the day's events will bode well for their future. 

Today our beloved Pastor Greg undergoes a somewhat new, relatively experimental stem cell transplant.   I know little of these things beyond the fact that an optimum outcome would be to eradicate the Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) that is already claiming his body. 

As I've attempted to understand the what & how of transplants, I actually stumbled across yet another MSA sufferer - - though sufferer hardly describes such an indominatable spirit as is demonostrated in his resolve, humor, hopefulness. 

So, as I ask today that you keep Greg, Lori & their four children - Jake/15, Zachary/13, Josh/10 & Brooke/6 in your prayers, I ask that you add Steve & Fran too, even though I do not know them beyond what I learned on their blog.  

MSA is a hideous disease that is tenaciously insistent upon robbing its host of life itself. 


(L-R: Terry, me/Kathleen, Zachary, Jake, Lori, Brooke, Josh, Greg)

“For our present troubles are small and
won’t last very long.
Yet they produce for us a glory
that vastly outweighs them
and will last forever!
So we don’t look at the troubles we
can see now;
rather, we fix our gaze on things
that cannot be seen.
For the things we see now will soon be gone,
but the things we cannot see will last forever.”
~ 2 Corinthians 4:17-18






P.S.  You can visit Steve & Fran's Blog here:  My MSA Journey

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! What a journey for them, for you and the entire church family!

Kay said...

Such a rough road for sure...prayers for them.

NanaNor's said...

I have only known two gals that have MS; but I know it is an awful disease. Praying for these families and a divine touch of healing.
Hugs, Noreen

skoots1mom said...

special prayers for greg and lori

Cheryl Barker said...

I pray that the procedure proves to be successful! We are so blessed when we have our health, aren't we?

Denise said...

Praying my friend.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I can't imagine facing this giant, especially as a father of four. I will hold him and his family in my prayers. What both couples face is most difficult, and painful for you as their dear friends to be on the outskirts looking in.