Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Strength Will Rise

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord ...


I've quietly visited numerous locales across the globe.  Some such journeys I've taken by car or plane, while others entail a meandering of the cyber-trails left here in the blogosphere.  I love to roam, especially when the roaming involves connecting with people. 

Today my heart is burdened for the many - dare I say most? - that are facing tremendous hardship, heartaches, health issues or myriad trials.  Having walked in similar shoes, I know all-too-well how discouraging such dark places can be. 

There are those among my own family who are struggling with job losses, bereavement, threadbare finances or wayward youth. 

There are friends far & near that have similar struggles.  Some are facing dangerous medical procedures, while others face degrading demise & death.

There are those of you here who share much of these same woes & burdens, adding to them betrayals & worries of the worst sort.

Many of you know that I, too, face challenges of my own.

Have we ever needed each other more?  Have we ever needed Him more?

Let me just say that I have no quick fix for these things.  Then again, you already knew that.  What I can offer is yet another volley of encouragement to hang on, hang in ... tie yet another knot in that threadbare tether & grip it for all your worth. 

Let us wait together for strength to rise.  It will.

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood 
since the earth was founded?

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,  
and spreads them out like a tent to live in. 

He brings princes to naught
and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.
No sooner are they planted,
no sooner are they sown,
no sooner do they take root in the ground,
than he blows on them and they wither,  
and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff. 

“To whom will you compare me?  
Or who is my equal?”
says the Holy One. 
Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:  
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength, 
not one of them is missing.

Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord
my cause is disregarded by my God”?  

Do you not know?
Have you not heard? 
The Lord is the everlasting God, 
the Creator of the ends of the earth. 
He will not grow tired or weary,  
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;  
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 41:21-31






RESOURCES for Encouragement:
Strength in God
What Christians Want to Know

19 comments:

Josh Wiley said...

Thanks so much for this great and encouraging article. The verses in Isaiah that you quoted are always so comforting to me. Also, thanks for including in your resources a link to What Christians Want To Know. As the owner of that site, we are always appreciative when others share it!

Rebecca said...

A couple of maps of the U.S. last night made me realize how much hardship there is just in the U.S.!!!

One map showed the extent of the fires - a swatch from the southernmost to northernmost of our country. The second map indicated the extent of the drought. Pretty much the rest of the U.S.!

All around us today, people still w/o electricity & water! Day#5. I have drawn on His strength already as I try to think of practical ways to assist, expanding energy that I didn't realize I possessed!

It seems God might be increasing the intensity of His shaping/forming process - calling His Church to action; conforming His people to Jesus Christ by necessity...... Stregth WILL rise as we wait upon the Lord! Thanks for the encouraging words, Kathleen.

Kimberly A Edwards said...

Quite beautiful & inspiring, Kathleen!

Praise the LORD!

Thoughts for the day said...

Good words to hold onto today, thank you.

Debbie said...

How I identify with sooo many of these things recently. So many challenges lay ahead, some confusing betrayals have happened, and heartaches abound. But your just soo right of course. He has given us each other to encourage and inspire those around us, and what a wonderful job you do of that. These verses in Isaiah or among my favorites! Hope you have a good day Kathleen!

Saleslady371 said...

Yes! Let's stand together, trusting for the Lord is faithful and amazing.

Granny said...

Like others, yes I can identify with your thoughts & words. I'm so thankful that we cannot see what lies in front of us ... but I'm also thankful that God not only sees the near-future, but He sees each moment of our lives to our reunion with Him. And it's through Him that we have our blogosphere friendships to encourage & walk alongside each other. So thankful for you & your heart for our Savior.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

I'm glad we can turn to Him and leave our cares at His feet.

Cheryl Barker said...

Kathleen, I was thinking of Is. 40:31 earlier today as I was praying for my oldest daughter and her husband. They are in the midst of a very long wait. So thankful that God can help us soar on wings like eagles, run and not grow weary, and walk and not faint...

Maryann said...

You always know just what to say. I love Isaiah 40, thanks for sharing it today, it was the perfect word for me

NanaNor's said...

Hi Kathleen, You've posted some of my favorite worship songs. I agree that so many are hurting and so in need of the loving arms of the Savior. Thanks for being such an encourager and prayer warrior.
Hugs, Noreen

manthano said...

Appreciate the post.
It hurts just to think about all the pain and
suffering around us.
As you point out we Christians need to
hang together, and so much the more as we
see that day coming.
Thanks.

manthano said...

Appreciate the post.
It hurts just to think about all the pain and
suffering around us.
As you point out we Christians need to
hang together, and so much the more as we
see that day coming.
Thanks.

Sonja said...

The only answer!

When life deals its blows and we are called upon to live the faith that stands on these words, we begin to know the truth of them in deeper ways. What a powerful chapter to read again and again.

Denise said...

Very inspiring.

Cindy said...

This is so timely for me today. I love the song too. It's one of my favorites.

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

i love that song - it is so powerful. thank you for sharing my friend!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Have we never needed him more? No truer statement has been written, friend. I feel the same way--so much sadness and heartache; seems as if no one is exempt. I am burdened by the pain of others; I pray not to retreat but to forge ahead with them in faith and hope for the victory by the Victor. Where would we be without Him, our Champion and Strength?

peace~elaine

Just a little something from Judy said...

Powerful song about our soverign God. It comforts, encourages, and gives me strength to go on each day. The fact that He blesses me with friends like you on this journey of life, is such a special gift. We so do need Him and each other for strength to take another step. Thank you for sharing this powerful post.