Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wordographer Robert Brault



I love quotes. 

People - uniquely designed as we all are - have such an amazing way of looking at or saying things.  Sometimes we're expressing the same things, but our style, perspective or intonation can turn a word with rare effect.  Think diamond facets exposed to sunlight.

Being the word-junkie that I am, I have a huge stash of "I Wish I'd Said That"s.  Among such a collection stands the sayings of one Robert Brault

I don't know this man; I wouldn't recognize him were he to show up on my doorstep.  Yet I trip over his wisdom all the time.  I've come to value the way he thinks; and I've learned that what he thinks tells me a lot about who he is & what he values.  The same can be said of all of us - - our words and worldviews say a good deal about who we are on the inside.
 



I don't know how Mr. Brault gained his fame, or how he becamse such a prolific spokesperson about so many subjects.  I'm clueless as to the font of his wisdom (though, in truth I do know that Source), or how he garners the time to think up so many pithy & wise sayings.  

I'm a bit stymied by how difficult it's been to find out much about the man.  No doubt that's why I have so many "I don't know"s related to him.  You'd think in an era of all things internetty and/or self-promotional you could get at this stuff.  Yet he remains rather obscure.  I like that too.

What I do know is that this intrepid Wordographer (new word) has been endowed with something quite unique & altogether lovely.   For some inexplicable reason he is quoted alongside the likes of Mark Twain, Emily Dickinson, Winston Churchill ... and even Confuscious!   Little wonder.




Anyway, I stopped today just long enough to acknowledge Robert Brault's gift and to introduce him - - or at least what I've discovered about his craft.  It's probably not the last any of us will hear from or of him. 




FOOTNOTE:  In case you didn't notice, Mr. Robert Brault himself paid me a visit here; and left a comment to boot.  I'm thinking I might just have a means of finding out more about our stealth wordsmith.  Be sure to pay him a visit at his archival site:  A Robert Brault Reader.

11 comments:

Peggy said...

I loved the quotes. Thanks for introducing us to this man.

Thoughts for the day said...

I love precious quotes too, they challenge me and also help me figure out blog material sometimes.

RCUBEs said...

There are so many quotes around...but only few sticks around and pierces one's heart and mind like these quotes you shared. So simple words yet the truth is profound. I must say that men like R.B. never ceased to search for wisdom as if they were looking for lost money or treasure. But their starting point: God.... God bless.

Denise said...

Awesome quotes.

Sonja said...

oh I do love those quotes! And of course it goes without saying that
'wordographer' goes on the list! :)

Just a little something from Judy said...

I sure do appreciate your introduction to this gentleman. I am not familiar with his name, but I did really like every quote of his that you shared. I do think that in some unique way, you would fit into the same category as you placed him. That is my opinion after reading your post this evening. I also agree with the fact that many of the little things in life will one day become the big things.

Robert Brault said...

Kathleen, just want to say thanks for the kind words and the lovely gallery. Mark, Emily and Winston must be eating their hearts out. Smiles, rb.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Love these... especially the one about accepting an apology I never got! Thanks for the introduction.

peace~elaine

Maryann said...

Love these quotes especially the one about enjoying the little things of life...never heard of this guy before, thanks for sharing some of his work

Beth E. said...

I love the quotes! I especially like the one about the apology. I'll have to find out more about Mr. Robert Brault. How cool that he left you a comment!

"Internetty"....I like it! ;-)

travelintoadventure@gmail.com said...

quotes -- love meaning full ones that touches your heart for the good and opens your mind to greater thoughts or ideas.. Like the ones you have shared in your post.. and what a sweet comment from Robert Brault - I'll be droping by and I'll be back here again.. love your blog..
Hugs