Sunday, April 15, 2012

Walking with Mr. Magoo



"German feet wear shoes."

Huh?  Say what?  What's wrong with this quote?
  
Well ... for one thing, it's what I gleaned from a daily devotional I read earlier today before equipping my eyeballs with glasses.  OIY! 

The sentence actually reads:    "Genuine faith wears shoes." 

BIG difference!   

Then again ... maybe there's a lesson here somewhere.  There always is.

All of life, and certainly God's word, is best read & assessed with clear sight.  Even one's inner sight - vision - works best in the same fashion.  I fear I have erred on occasion (or several such), by navigating, Mr. Magoo style, and peering (as if certain) at something that is actually quite fuzzy or blurred.   Come to think of it, it's the hazard of humanity:

For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
but when completeness comes, what is in part
disappears. 
When I was a child, I talked like a child,
I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood
behind me. 
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror;
then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully,
even as I am fully known.  
1 Corinthians 13:9-12

So now my glasses sit atop my devotional, lest I befuddle myself another day.


FOOTNOTE:  I wholeheartedly believe that my faithful German friends were shoes.

15 comments:

skoots1mom said...

God being fully known is going to blow us away, i believe.
What style were they? Staletto, loafers? hahahah!

Rebecca said...

Def. a BIG difference :) Great reminder, Kathleen. I'm SO wanting to see clearly.

manthano said...

Thought I was the only one with the problem.
Without our glasses do we tend to read what we
want to read?

myletterstoemily said...

it is hilarious the things we see without
our glasses. i love mr. magoo!

Glenda said...

I like the song that says, "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord . . ." I do need Him to help me keep my eyes focused!

I can so identify with misreading without my glasses - and sometimes with them!

Denise said...

Great post my friend.

Jackie said...

Great post, Kathleen! I can totally relate to the glasses thing!

My heart yearns to "see" Him more clearly and with greater revelation!

Thoughts for the day said...

Oh Mr Magoo, I remember that cartoon it always was his eye sight that got him in situations.

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweet friend, This made me giggle and I too can relate-if I don't have my glasses on I can't read a thing. The truth you've shared is important for all of us.
Sending lots of love your way.
Noreen

Beth E. said...

I can relate, too, Sassy...I always get into trouble when I depend on my on blurred perspective. I need to clearly see my Father's direction for my life!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh I am laughing..as my kids told me the other day, Mom did you look at what you texted us? I couldn't figure it out..and I laughed, well I didn't have my glasses and that phone keeps correcting me...so I wrote we are at Medical Times...instead of Medieval Times...big difference, no one was at medical anything

Yes, I need clearer site when setting down for His word, and that begins in my heart

Nezzy said...

Heeehehehehe!!! It's funny what the old eyeball do to your mind! Great laugh girl.

You post truly touched my heart sweetie!!! :o)

God bless and have a glorious week! :o)

HERE I AM KAYCEE said...

Hi Sassy Granny, A simple mistake anyone could make but I love the lesson! Great insight :) When I was little I always thought the catch phrase "Ah, Mr. Magoo you've done it again" was hilarious.

Debbie said...

I love your ponderings Kathleen! I too must keep my glasses close by when reading. A good friend gave me a beautiful large magnifying glass as a gift a number of years ago. I cannot tell you how often I take it out to use. I do think they've made the print so much smaller on everything. LOL

Love,
Debbie

Just a little something from Judy said...

From one who so easily befuddles herself, I found this post quite profittable. My perspective is blurred so often in life. Thankfully, God is patient and merciful with me.