Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cactus Diaries

Here I am, roosted among friends 
& family in SUNNY Arizona.
This is a welcome alternative 
to ice storms & power-less homes, 
and great fun to boot.

Our church family here have hosted
some great gathering events.
As a result, by Saturday I'll be 
moving into my next larger jean size.

We sisters have talked non-stop,
with no end of words in sight.
Today will be yet another
such gab-fest.

The downside to my sojourn is
that I've had limited or no access
to the internet.  Downside?
Well, maybe just a minor 
inconvenience.

I will return to WA State over 
the weekend and begin catching up 
(& checking up) on all of you.

Until then ... you are in my 
thoughts & prayers.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

How creative you are Kathleen! I'm glad you enjoyed your time here in AZ. The high today is supposed to be 74! I'm just thankful that we had the opportunity to chat. Next visit I hope will be different and I'll be able to see your face. But until then, I'll be following along with you on our blogs.

Love you and have a safe trip home,
Debbie

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

What a blessing to spend time with family and good friends!

Enjoy!
Blessings
R

Nancy said...

You have fun and don't worry about us....We will be waiting for you when you get back and we will look forward to hearing all about your trip and your gabfest times with your sisters....

Take pictures and stores those memories in your heart....

Debbie said...

How wonderful this all sounds! Glad you are enjoying yourself. Days on end gabbing with my sisters ~ just couldn't get a whole lot better. Enjoy the rest of your time! HUGS

skoots1mom said...

praying you very special moments with your sisters...praying the time lasts longer than expected...sistertime is sooooo precious ... safe travels

Denise said...

Keep having fun sweet friend.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Please be rest assured, that you are in my thoughts and prayers too. I pray that you will bless your sister's lives, like you do all of our lives in blogland. I also pray that they bless the socks right off of you too. So happy for you!

Susan Rush said...

Your title "Cactus Diaries" made me smile. So happy for you but you make me miss my sisters. What a blessing for you. Have a safe journey home.

Nel said...

Sounds like a good time to me!
until next time... nel

Rebecca said...

We were "away" for a few days this week, too - also to warmer climes. While it was not strictly "for pleasure", it was definitely pleasurable.

I'm delighted to hear that you had this time with old friends and precious family members.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I know that you had a large time!

peace~elaine