Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October's Wings

For man, autumn is a time of harvest, 
of gathering together.  
For nature, it is a time of sowing, 
of scattering abroad.  
~ Edwin Way Teale

And so it goes ... October comes to a festive close, and the holiday season begins in earnest.  But I dare not let October pass with paying due respect to the sassy joys & grandeur it has afforded.   

You're welcome to gather awhile and catch a glimpse of life here ...


 What sister visit is complete without a shopping trip?
Carol & Dolores 

 



Then there's lunch ...

 Kathleen, Dolores, Carol
Getting ready for the Open House 
(for family & friends to come by & 
say "howdy" to Carol & Hal)







As I headed home one day, I noticed the Sunrise Pond near us was framed & bedazzled in all God's finest array.  I stopped and looked long, thinking of Judy when I did (she has a knack for finding & filming nature's beauty). 

This is what I see from my kitchen window.  
Fir trees, Maples (nearly naked now), 
Dogwood, Alder and a plethora of shrubbery.





The first knock for Halloween came from this little guy:  Baby Blue-Cycloped-Eyed Beast (Kole).  It's hard to believe he's already 16 months old.

Does it get any better?


Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, 
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth 
seeking the successive autumns.
~ George Eliot

15 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful blessings, enjoyed them.

Saleslady371 said...

That little Cole..he steals the show! Panera Bread...my favorite! Carrie and I frequent there often for coffee and sandwiches. And your kitchen and view is spectacular! Love this post!

Debbie said...

Just had lunch on Sat. at Panera...love it! That pic of Sunrise pond is just GORGEOUS, as is the view out your window...I love all the trees....And little Cole is ADORABLE! Yes, Autumn is the best... : )

Sonja said...

I love the pictures, and that little guy is just a DOLL! I see you with your sisters, and I think... why am I not out in the Pacific Northwest with my own sister?? There is nothing like being with our sisters!! If and when I get out there again, we absolutely HAVE to meet! :) In the meantime, here's to sisters everywhere, both by blood and spirit!

xo

Miss Janet @ HOME said...

Beautiful!

My favorite time of year!

:) Janet

Debbie said...

I loved seeing your neck of the woods this time of year. How fun to have visits from your sisters too. And Kole is too cute in his Halloween costume. How good anyone say no to him?

Happy October! I woke up this morning to the howling wind and cooler temps. Woo hoo! But will it last?

Blessings and love,
Debbie

rcubes said...

What a delight to read about these lovely and precious blessings! Family, nature made by His hands, but highlighted with that cute little guy! God bless you sister and I enjoyed these awesome pics! How relaxing to gaze out there from your window!

Just a little something from Judy said...

You brought me smiles this afternoon when I visited your blog. I smiled because...
you are picking up one of my habits...nature photography.
I smiled because...I felt the joy you experienced from spending time with your sisters and your family.
I smiled because...you have the cutest little Kole ever! And, I smiled because you are so kind to me. Wishing you all a wonderful time together, whether you hit Macy's or not:)

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Beautiful and precious from beginning to end...all the works of His hands, from nature to His people

Cheryl Barker said...

Love that view out your kitchen window, Kathleen! Also love that last quote by George Eliot. Thanks for sharing!

Mary Ann... said...

Nothing like spending time with family. I don't see my sisters very often and this makes me want to see them. :)

I love the view from your kitchen! I think I'd be cooking a lot more often if I could see that everyday.

Thanks for sharing and God bless!

Peggy said...

Isn't October the most incredible month? I'm glad you had so much fun celebrating the joy of it with your family.

Beth E. said...

Sounds like a wonderful October! All of the places you shopped and/or ate with your sisters are favorites of mine, too. I wish we lived closer to one another. We would get into all kinds of trouble together...er, I mean we would have all kinds of FUN together! *Ahem* ;-)

Big hugs...
P.S. Panera Bread's pumpkin muffins are absolutely delish!

Andrea said...

Little Kole is adorable and no it doesn't get any better!

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

A beautiful peek into your week! Thanks for sharing Mr. Baby Blue with us.

peace~elaine