Monday, November 21, 2011

The Core of Thankfulness

May all who seek You
rejoice and be glad in You;
may those who love Your salvation
always say,
“God be exalted!”
Psalm 70:4


Such a heartfelt prayer David offers.  Here we witness the essence of the believer's thankful heart - the headwaters, if you will:  a tenderness towards those that are still searching for the Lord, and a profound understanding & exclamation about His bountiful saving grace upon those already saved.

So eloquent.  So simple.  So powerful.  So humble. 

David's prayer, then, shall be my own Thanksgiving blessing for those still searching and for those that have been found, followed by his humble request to not shame or confuse either of them. 

Let God be exalted!  


Let not those who wait for You,
O Lord GOD of hosts,
be ashamed because of me;
Let not those who seek You
be confounded because of me,
O God of Israel.
Psalm 69:6


14 comments:

Shirley said...

Well said!

manthano said...

How true.
As we seek Him, he gives us a joy
that passes understanding.
THANKS.

TRUTH SHARER said...

Amen to that! Shouldn't that be the goal of our hearts?

Thanks for sharing your comment on my blog post about our RUTH study! Yes - this was a new group of ladies and a unique gathering that got close to each other through our study of the Word. I would love to sit in on your group studying the minor prophets. Malachi and Habakkuk are my favorites!

JOY in the Word,
Stephanie

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Yes...as I think of those love ones searching right now...yes and amen!

Karen Lange said...

Amen! God is good. All the time.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pain to Purpose said...

Amen! Happy Thanksgiving!

Denise said...

Amen, be blessed my friend.

Saleslady371 said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ron aka TheOldGeezer said...

Greetings From Southern California

Amen! The foundation of a truly thankful spirit is the saving grace of God. Praise His Holy Name!

Take care Kathleen and have a Happy Thanksgiving Day :-)

Thanks for your recent visit to My Blog

Peggy said...

David's prayer will be my Thanksgiving prayer, too. "May God be exalted!" Blessings and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Peggy

Cheryl Barker said...

Yes, Kathleen -- let God be exalted! Happy Thanksgiving!

Loren said...

Amen and Amen!!

I pray You and Yours have a Blessed and Very Happy Thanksgiving!

RCUBEs said...

He alone deserves our praises and thanks! Happy Thanksgiving sister! God bless.

Just a little something from Judy said...

He is the core of it all! His amazing Grace continues to cause my heart to overflow with true Thankfulness today. I am thankful for you too, and all that God teaches me through you, His gifted vessel. Keep writing my friend!