Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happiness Is ...

... Home 

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, 
I could walk forever in my garden.  
~Claudia Ghandi

This is something of a record, having gone an entire week without so much as a blogosphere fly-by.  How un-Sassy is that?  But that's not to say I haven't thought of YOU; it's just that I've found myself navigating spheres of a different sort.  My focus has been fragmented ... directed mostly towards travel, family doings, and connecting with friends from the un-virtual realms.

I'll be dialing in soon.  I'll also be making the rounds to see what's occupying your minds & hearts.  Until I do, there will remain something unhinged here, like a screen door caught in the wind.


Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious 
as to have friends at a distance; 
they make the latitudes and longitudes.  
~Henry David Thoreau

I keep coming back to you in my head, 
but you couldn't know that, and I have no carbons.  
~Adrienne Rich

5 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoy your life my friend, be blessed. I love you.

Rebecca said...

"unhinged - like a screen door caught in the wind"...what a great word picture.

I'm working on my OWN hinges here. I look for more wisdom from your keypad (and appreciated the post about "seed" - the kind you sow really DO matter, etc.)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Shouldn't we all just take the summer off and reconnect with our "within arms reach" lives? I know I'll be blogging less this summer. Partly because I'm just slap wore out; but mostly because I miss my goings and comings.

Rest assured, I'll be here from time to time, sister Sassy. For the record, I don't think there are any parameters for Sassy-ness! You get to make the rules!!!

peace~elaine

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I love analogies and I loved the movie Secondhand Lions.
Hope you have a blessed day indeed.
Hugs, Noreen

Just a little something from Judy said...

I totally understand your "unhinged" thought process, and I understantd fragmented too. I understand a week's absence and understand "thinking about your blog friends" while you are gone. This blogging thing is so interesting. I never thought I would be here, involved and checking in. In my ever busy life, I often ask God if I should just step out of it all, quietly and without fanfare, but then I am reminded of ALL I have gained from the involved years. One of the blessings would be what I have learned and gained from you, my sassy friend.