Saturday, June 25, 2011

Enuf is Enuf!

Start.  Stop.  Start again.  Stop again.  Scratch that one.  Start over. 

I simply must write about the inequality of gods...  No, better still, this would be a great place to interject a bit of humor about my recent days with teenagers...  Nahhhhh, better I post something about the onset of summer...  Perhaps sharing my challenges with focus would be more apt?  And so it goes ...

In fits-and-starts I've had great difficulty penning a post today.  It's not that I need to, or even that I feel compelled to do so.  It's just that there's so many competing ruminations within that are clamoring to make their way to the surface and onto these pages.

I relish ruminations, but I take great offense when they seek to impose their will.  So today I've opted to ignore them.  I've sent several to sit in a corner until they're done having tantrums.  Others I've politely asked to be silent until I have time to consider their insistence.  Still others have been given the boot altogether.  I can hear them squealing all the way home :)

Ahhh.  Sweet peace again.


We demolish arguments and every pretension 
that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, 
and we take captive every thought 
to make it obedient to Christ. 
2 Corinthians 10:5

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful post and you certainly made your point well.........

Have a great weekend...

Yolanda said...

Totally understand. Have a blessed Saturday.

Sonja said...

oh those ruminations! Sending them to the corner... such a picture, and sqealing all the way home... I think I'm having some of those ruminations too!! :)

xo

Debbie said...

Oh do I ever get what you are talking about here, haha...You've put it soo well. I have been praying quite literally this week for the Lord to guard my mind and thoughts and bring into captavity those that are NOT from Him...Hope you are having a good week-end~ HUGS

Debbie said...

I get it! Sometimes there's lots to discuss and not sure if I should discuss it. But you're always so smart and informed Kathleen. Sorry I've been a bit remiss in visiting lately. I've missed reading your blog. Thanks for the prayers for my mother-in-law.

Love,
Debbie

KelliGirl said...

I hear you sister! At least you've started and stopped and started again. I can't seem to get to the starting part.

I know the pen will flow freely in due time.

Blessings,
Kelli

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

nothing quite as amazing as sweet peace is there?

Just a little something from Judy said...

I think I understand the ruminations that you talked about, but I am just not as wise and gifted as you. I call it ideas, thoughts, and sometimes distractions that face me daily, as I attempt to blog. I never thought to send to the corner, or squealing the whole way home. I love my visits here. At times I come away baffled, and at times I come away challenged, but I always come away thankful for you and your gifted mind.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Great post...I am going to go kick some of my out and let others start to take root.

Always a fun and thought provoking post

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I think we all need lessons in how to send out inner tantrums to the corner for a time out!

Blessings
R

Loren said...

Ha! Well said my friend! :)

Love and Hugs!

Peggy said...

At least you're having ruminations. After a week with my six year old granddaughter staying with us II can come up with nary a thought.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Sometimes the best we can do is the least we can do.

Simmer. Just simmer.

Simmering with you, sister Sassy.

peace~elaine

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

Even your explanations of why you don't have a post give us food for thought! I love the line about sending some of them to the corner - so visual.

Blessings,
Susan :)