Saturday, May 28, 2011

What's a Little Rain?


The best thing one can do when it's 
raining is to let it rain. 
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


It's so hard to believe that next week, June 1,
our Baby Blue Eyes will be One Year Old. 

This week he came over to spend time with us;
 to eat raspberries (evidence on shirt);
and to see how quickly he could find all the outlets :)



Giving Grandpa a hand is always high on the list; 
and thatching the lawn at the very top! 



Throwing all this thatched stuff around proved to be great fun
(even if you CAN'T eat it).

  

One of our favorite destinations is Whitney's Rhododendron Nursery
 far away in the shadow of the Olympic Mountain Range.
It's an all-day ordeal for us, but an ordeal that
includes 50s music while we drive (200 miles round-trip),
lunch along Hood's Canal,
hours walking the fields of nursery stock at Whitney's,
and a return trip filled with chatter about where to plant our finds.



It rained, and rained, and rained while we wandered the floral forests.



Then the sun came out just long enough for Terry to select a
special Marley Hedges rhododendron (above & below).


I had to pick a favorite for myself,
so this was my choice:  Fire Rim (below).


We  bought several other plants before loading up and heading home.

Now we just have to wait for Baby Blue Eyes to visit so
Grandpa can get them planted.




Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness 
has never danced in the rain.  
~Author Unknown



Footnote: We've heard it often - - This is the coolest/wettest winter & spring in Washington State's history.  While we look forward to sunshine & boating, we are content with the drizzle and the simple pleasures that come with it.  Anything with 50s music or a baby just has to be fun.

12 comments:

Rita said...

Oh, he is absolutely precious! I can see why you are over the hill happy with him. Those were beautiful plants that you brought home too! Happy holiday!

Debbie said...

How adorable he is!! What a cutie. Such a fun age. Love the plants too, soo pretty. Enjoy that sweet boy! HUGS

Pain to Purpose said...

What a beautiful post. Glad you had the right attitude about the rain. I lived in Bremerton, WA for two summer months in 2007 and it was very grey. Couldn't get used to it being 9pm and still light outside! But the thing I miss most is the strawberry and apple roadside stands. Nothing compares.
Have a good weekend!
Carrie

skoots1mom said...

your post makes me happy, too! such a cutey

RCUBEs said...

Happy Birthday to your "little treasure!" He is so adorable even with those stains! :)

Before seeing you posted about "rain", I just posted about it, too because rain showers always remind me of His pouring of mercy and grace.

You know what to look for! That Fire Rim is beautiful!

Only a contented heart overflowing with God's love would be able to remain satisfied even if it's a rainy weather. God bless you sister and may you have a wonderful rest of the week!

Sonja said...

Everything you did is what I love to do! The kids, the nursery, the 50's music, and a trip in the car to a place you enjoy... LOVE it all. The only slightly questionable thing would be the rain, but your rain out there is gentle... in Texas it's wild and stormy and the rain pelts you and the wind lashes. I'm about ready for boat weather!

xo

Saleslady371 said...

I try to have a good attitude about constant rain, but it just doesn't rain here enough for me to practice. Kole just steals my heart. And you, Kathleen, look better than ever. Have a good holiday weekend.

Love you,
Mary

Nel said...

He is adorable and what eyes! That nursery is to die for! Beautiful, I could get lost for days there, taking pictures...lolol. I love your choices Beautiful!

until next time... nel

Just a little something from Judy said...

What an adorable little guy! Your spirit of contentment is a blessing to me. Rain, 50s music,flowers and time spent with two special guys...you have it made! Must admit, "little blue eyes" sure does have a young looking grandma!

LisaShaw said...

Hi friend,

I so enjoyed your sharing and every photo. What a cutie that little baby boy is! One already? Time flies by so quickly. Layla will be 4 in June and Rhianna will be 3 in August. My Grandbabies will be in H.S. before I know it.

Enjoy your family, the drizzle, the baby boy and your 50's music! Go girl!

I love you and sending big hugs.

Peggy said...

Thanks for the uplifting post. I needed to hear that today. I've been battling an unusually rainy spring and depresion since I left my grandbabies in Ok. But, what's a little rain since I have so many blessings. Thanks!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What adorable pictures...loved everyone of them....Hope your week is great..