Sunday, May 22, 2011

Morning's Magical Muse

Morning is born from the womb of night.  
Malcolm McLeod


 

The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders;
   where morning dawns, where evening fades,
   you call forth songs of joy. 
Psalm 65:8

I know you know that I'm a huge fan of the dawn.  I've written about it copiously, but I dare say it's an itch I simply cannot scratch.  Plainly put:  dawn captivates me.  It's my favorite part of the day, which means I'm quick to retire at night in order to rush towards dawn's early light. 

Here I simply want to share some thoughts about dawn.  Some derive from scripture, some are quotes; and others emanate from my own imagination.  No matter the source, there is something magical and majestic about the sun's faithful return, morning-by-morning; and with it, grace-upon-grace.

Climb up on some hill at sunrise.  
Everybody needs perspective once in a while, 
and you'll find it there.  
~Robb Sagendorph


Night does not swallow day; but day, night.  
Sunrise sets the darkness fleeing.  
~ My own

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear ...
God will help her when morning dawns.
Psalm 46:1, 5


Like new-fallen snow, dawn's soft, gentle mantle 
envelopes all of life in hushed silence.  
~ My own

What humbugs we are, who pretend to live for Beauty, 
and never see the Dawn!  
~ Logan Pearsall Smith
 
The heart soars highest on dawn's thermals. 
~ My own

Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness
of the woods before sunrise. 
~ George Washington Carver

There was never a night or a problem 
that could defeat sunrise or hope.
~ Bern Williams

Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
... “Have you ever given orders to the morning, 
or shown the dawn its place,
that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?"  
Job 46:12-13

11 comments:

Loren said...

Beautiful Kathleen! Your words inspire me and are no doubt, anointed! God speaks through you so often and I am so blessed & thankful to you for listening and sharing!

Love you

Saleslady371 said...

Only another morning lover can identify with going to bed early so that the excitement of dawn can be experienced again. It would be torment for me to sleep late!

Hugs,
Mary

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

It is my favorite time of the day also...just like God saying, "Time is going on"

Oh one of our elders was diagnosed with a brain tumor last week...so our pastor, who is still in treatment for his brain tumor, went to all the appointments with this man and his family..surgery on Wednesday, the same doctor who did our pastor's surgery. Our church body is on its knees for healing. I continue to remember all your love ones going through similar situations.

Debbie said...

This was beautiful!! I too have always loved dawn and have been an early riser my whole life...soo much promise and certainity....another day dawns, and all is right in the world. Have a wonderful day! HUGS

Sonja said...

I also love the early morning. I've never quite thought of dawn in all the ways you have expressed, but they are now added to what I always feel... it's where the promise of a new day begins, with a bucketful of new hope every morning.

xo

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Funny, I'm a night gal... stay up very late; I think that is because it's the only time I have some quiet, especially these days since all 4 are back under roof. That being said, nighttime can be a tricky time for me; there have been plenty of evenings when the sorrow of my heart couldn't wait for the welcome birth of a new day!

peace~elaine

NanaNor's said...

Hi dear one, Unfortunately I am not an early riser by choice and much prefer night time,especially sitting outside under the stars.
Loved all the quotes and love you sister.
Hugs, Noreen

Diana Ferguson said...

I'm an early riser and so glad that I am!!! Hugs....

RCUBEs said...

Been a night owl at work but what a welcoming sight to see the dawn breaking each time! I get excited when the light slowly breaks through those dark clouds of the night. I love to think of encouraging prayers and comments left by friends like those rays of light penetrating the dark clouds...friends like you. Thank you for always encouraging me at my darkest and leaving your bright footprints every time. God bless you.

Rita said...

Dawn is an absolutely beautiful time of the day! It spells a new beginning!

deodate said...

Oh I so agree...dawn is magical and mystical. Its silent entrance captivates the soul.
Andie