Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pause & Rewind

Do you ever feel like you've lost your focus?  I do.  I was startled this week to realize how quickly I sign on to my computer in the mornings, whereas there was a day when I'd do no such thing until I'd spent time in God's word.  Oh, I still do that too; but I'm much, much too focused here in cyberspace (Blogs & Facebook).

So ... I'm headed out for a sabbatical of unknown duration.  I'm thinking three weeks (the time frame THEY say it takes to change a habit) - one day at a time.  It's time for a pause and a rewind in order to get back to that place I love best, and most.

I wonder if He had me in mind when this was penned ... 

... The good stuff ...

I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance.
I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people,
that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not,
and have found them false.
You have persevered and have endured
 hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.

... the not-so-good stuff ... 

Yet I hold this against you:
You have forsaken the love you had at first.
Revelation 2:2-4

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Kathleen, You'll be missed, but I respect your determination to regain focus. I'm confident God will bless you as you "turn your eyes upon Jesus...". The things of earth DO grow strangely dim in the light of HIS glory and grace.

Thoughts for the day said...

Taking a break is good sometimes so long as the purpose has meaning and is beneficial to the goal at hand. Press on and do good.

myletterstoemily said...

hi kathleen,

you won't regret it for one moment. i'm just
back from a month sabbatical and didn't
miss blogging at all. i did miss the friends
i have made here, which showed me the real
reason i blog.

i pray for refreshment and constant fellowship
with Him!

love,
lea

LisaShaw said...

I so understand dear friend. Enjoy your break and time with GOD! I love and miss you.

Beth E. said...

I completely understand, too. I have pulled way back from blogging since last July.

Blessings to you, Kathleen! I hope you have settled into your new home. I'm sure all the boxes are unpacked and everything is in its place! Give me a call, sometime!

Hugs...