Sunday, March 27, 2011

There You'll Be

It's been a zany week for me.  In between packing boxes for our move on April 19th, I've been playing nanny/chauffeur to granddaughter, 14 year old Miss Rylie, while our daughter vacations in Hawaii (poor dear).  In between those things, I've had to be this place or that - from doctor's appointments to haircuts.  It's a wonder I'm still on my feet!

Then, while on one of my many junkets the other day, a Faith Hill song came on the radio.  I'd heard it before, but this time it grabbed me around the heart and hung on for dear life.  Then the tears began.

The particular piece I mention is a love song penned for the movie, Pearl Harbor.  But in that moment of my hearing, it became a reflection on my mother.  Gone now for well over 30 years, I miss her.  I missed her greatly that day as I heard Faith Hill's melodic & stirring song ...




There You'll Be

When I think back
On these times
And the dreams
We left behind
I'll be glad 'cause
I was blessed to get
To have you in my life

When I look back
On these days
I'll look and see your face
You were right there for me

[Chorus:]

In my dreams
I'll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There will always be a place
For you for all my life

I'll keep a part
Of you with me
And everywhere I am
There you'll be
And everywhere I am
There you'll be

Well you showed me
How it feels
To feel the sky
Within my reach
And I always
Will remember all
The strength you
Gave to me

Your love made me
Make it through
Oh, I owe so much to you
You were right there for me

[Repeat chorus]

'Cause I always saw in you
My light, my strength
And I want to thank you
Now for all the ways
You were right there for me
You were right there for me

For always

[Chorus:]

In my dreams
I'll always see you soar
Above the sky

In my heart
There will always be a place
For you for all my life
I'll keep a part
Of you with me

And everywhere I am
There you'll be
And everywhere I am
There you'll be
There you'll be




I remember my mother's prayers and
they have always followed me.
They have clung to me all my life.
~Abraham Lincoln

That best academy, a mother's knee.
 ~James Russell Lowell


I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still
The deepest impressed on my heart.
~Eliza Cook

16 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful song! I can see why it reduced you to tears. You have a lot on your plate right now. Your tears are a good release for the stress :) I'll hold you in my prayers today, Kathleen.

Linda Hoye said...

Those words are beautiful. I lost my mom twenty-six years ago and I can still be brought to tears by missing her sometimes.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

What a beautiful song and what precious memories...what a blessing to have such wonderful memories of your mother, that is a gift from God!

Sonja said...

Just yesterday my tears fell for my own mother. I don't think we ever get over losing our mother's. That song would have made me cry today if I hadn't already had my tears yesterday! Does that make sense? :)

While I thank God for my own mother, and all she instilled in me, I also know that my life was left with a hole in her shape when she went to heaven. I imagine you feel exactly the same.

Precious words Kathleen and even more precious the memories. I thank God for the mothers He gave us!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I know without a single doubt, that she would be so proud and grateful for the lady that you have grown up to be. Your shared heart about your mother, brought tears for me today. What a precious tribute to a beautiful lady.

Rita said...

What a very sweet tribute to a wonderful mother. thank you for sharing that with us. I'm sure she would be very proud of the lovely lady you are today.

Debbie said...

It's amazing how a song can stir such memories. As I read your beautiful post about your mom, it brought tears to my eyes as I thought of mine too. She went to heaven six years ago but I miss her so much. I loved the photos Kathleen; so lovely.

Love you,
Debbie

skoots1mom said...

i can see her in your face...
i miss my daddy, too; hard to believe he'll be gone 22 years this april 17
they're in our hearts forever :)

RCUBEs said...

I miss my mother too and it had been 12 years since her time of passing. When I had gone home to see her during the wake, the saying "mothers being the light of the home" had truly hit me because literally and figuratively, our home had become dark when my family and I lost her. It was never the same.

A mother's love can truly be the source of strength during our times of loneliness and grief. May her loving memories bring you comfort. God bless.

Peggy said...

Thanks for the words to the Faith Hill song. I don't remember hearing it before. My beautiful mother died in August and I miss her so much. The words say it well.

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

What a special song....I too, miss my little mother so...these past few months as we approach her first year anniversary in Heaven have been difficult at times...I too cried yesterday as I passed the place where she took her last breath.

How special our mothers are to us!

Thank you for sharing this...

~Beth

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

I can understand how the song would affect you. Your Mom sounds like she was a very special woman.

The song reminded me of my own loss - my husband. April 27th will mark four years since he went to heaven.

Blessings,
Susan

Loren said...

What a beautiful song ! No wonder it brought you to tears. It always amazes me how quickly a song can take us from one emotion to a completely opposite emotion in just moments!

Your Mother is beautiful, much like you!!

Love you

Saleslady371 said...

This is a lovely photo of your mom, Kathleen. Wish I was there to give you a big hug.

Beth E. said...

I'm wishing I could give you a big hug right now!

What a beautiful, touching post. And what a wonderful tribute to your sweet mother.

Love you...

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

A stunningly beautiful woman, like her daughter. I feel so blessed to have my mother with me. We enjoy talking every day... not ever sure what we talk about, but it's not hard for us to fill an hour.

Love that song!

peace~elaine