Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sassy Sagas, Sisters and a Sweet Boy

Recent days have been filled with all things delightful.   I've gathered several doses of grandmother's delight - a sure tonic for all that ails us.  While my hug larder is filled for the likes of the seven I treasure, it's this newest one that captivates us most of all.  All too soon he'll be in junior high, or driving like the rest of them :(



Too, I've relished nearly two weeks of all-things sister.  Barbara and Carol flew in from their far away homes to join Dolores and me.   A few scenes ...



Dolores, pictured here at the gravesite of her
beloved husband of 55 years, John.  He left us just one
month ago, on December 17.  


The youngun's whipped up a game of Bunco, rendering
Dolores' home a sea of giggles & shouting.


(Barbara, Carol, Me & Dolores)
Lunching, munching & musing together.
No, that's not a bar ...
just the foyer to the
restaurant :)


(Carol, Dolores, Me & Barbara)

In closing, let me leave you with a few sister-quotes or, rather, taglines that are forever etched beneath their place in my heart:

Dolores:     He gives us beauty for ashes.
Barbara:    There's nothing more precious than family.
Carol:       All He asks is that we follow Him.

Praying that each of you has such simple,
priceless treasures in your life!

14 comments:

Janet - AKA: Latte Lady said...

Oh, so glad you had a nice time!

:)

Janet

KelliGirl said...

You all make a lovely quartet! I'm sure it was such a blessing to gather together. The older I get, the more I appreciate the blessing of family and time spent together.

Loren said...

I'm not sure why but this post made me cry! You are so precious and I know the heart of a grandmother! Your new grandson is darling! Seeing you and your sisters together brought the tears though! What beautiful women you are. What a strong force of Faith you all are! Truly .... a gift the Lord has bestowed on all of you

Love you Kathleen! Thank you for sharing your family with us!

Nel said...

What beautiful pictures. I also got a little teary eyed. What a special relationship you have with your sisters, something you can tell is dear to all of your hearts. And your grandson oh my gosh how cute is he! Grandkids of all ages are wonderful but those little ones steal the show. lol.
Thanks for sharing your family with us!
until next time... nel

Karen Lange said...

Your grandson is adorable! I agree, there is little else that acts as a wonderful tonic than grandchildren. So glad, too, you had a good time with your sisters! And sorry to hear of the loss of your brother in law.

Blessings,
Karen

Rita said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! That grandson is absolutely adorable! Have a good visit1

Sonja said...

Two of the biggest blessing in my own life! Sisters and grandkids! It does NOT get any better!m LOVE your comments and your pictures... what a treasure!

Rebecca said...

Happy with/for you!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

You have shown so well how precious life is this side of heaven! He is faithful and good...all the time!

Precious pictures...all of them...cherished memories

skoots1mom said...

lots of love...awesome!

Cheryl Barker said...

I am one of four sisters, too! Since one lives in the Southwest and the rest of us are in the Midwest, we don't all get together nearly as often as we'd like. The times together sure are sweet, aren't they? So glad you got to spend time with your sisters!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

Oh, what a sweet baby!

I'm glad you're enjoying your family and able to support your sister.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Linda Hoye said...

It looks like a wonderful time wss had by all. What a blessing that you are all able to gather together.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Truly you do have priceless, beautiful treasures in your life. I love seeing family pictures. The little guy in the top pictures, simply stole my heart.

I am so sorry for your sister that recently lost her husband of 55 years. I can't imagine her sadness.