Friday, February 25, 2011

Introducing Shayla

There's someone I want you to meet.  Her name is Shayla, and hers is a saga that will touch you deeply.  How do I know that?  Because each of you - of us - has experienced life's troublesome side.  You will relate to Shayla; and you will profit from that knowing.  I'm thinking she will too.   

When this picture was taken but a few short years ago Shayla and Arie, her husband, could not have known how rugged would be their journey.  


Shattered dreams?  Hurting?  Troubled by loss & grief?  Staring down giants & walking a winding road?  Baffled by roadblocks?  Then come alongside Shayla and gather hope, and momentum.  Trek on over to her blog, Wegen Tales, and sit awhile.  I promise you'll come away a different person. 

How do I know Shayla?  Well, funny you should ask ...

Shayla is the daughter-in-law of friends; the wife of one of their five sons.  Theirs is a family devoted to dairy farming but - more importantly - to the Lord.  They are a precious part of the Body at our Church and Home Team in Arizona.  They are among the many we miss since our return to Washington State.    

When Shayla and her husband were pregnant with their twins (see those sweet little feet ... ) Hadilyn & Arie Jr., we joined others in praying for them, for the babies.  They'd lost two babies already, and to say they were hopeful is to not do justice to the expectation that filled their hearts. 

Sadly, sorrows blanketed those hearts when the little ones were born too soon.  Since then, Shayla has lost yet another baby.  She tells us by way of her profile:  "I am the mommy to five beautiful children in heaven.". 


As heavy & burdensome as this is, know that Shayla has her eyes trained on the horizon of God's promises to her. 

Shayla's relatively new to the blogosphere, so pay her a visit & welcome her here.  Consider her post on February 23, "Nine Months of Grief", and be heartened.  And by all means leave her a comment.  We all know how encouraging even a few words can be.

Thank you, friends.

10 comments:

Cindy said...

This is one of those things in life that is difficult to understand. Without the hope we have in Christ, I don't know how parents get through this.

Thank you for sharing Shayla's story.

skoots1mom said...

my heart hurts for them.
One of my neighbor's lost 8 babies; adopted a daughter and 6 months in became pregnant and birthed a daughter.
Thanks for sharing Shayla with us.

myletterstoemily said...

thank you for steering us her way. it is
difficult to know how to encourage such
heartache, but i will add her to my
evening prayer list.

blessings,
lea

Beth E. said...

Oh, my...I can't imagine their grief! Heading to the blog now...

Sonja said...

Thank you Kathleen, for sharing Shayla with us. I have read with a heavy heart on her page, and they will be in my prayers. God has not written the final chapter of this book yet!!! I'm almost excited to see what He has ahead for them.

xo

Rose said...

Kathleen, thank you for introducing us to Shayla with us. I am looking forward to reading her blog.
Be blessed and have a great weekend.
Hugs, Rose

Rita said...

I had a hard time when I lost one. I cannot imagine losing five! I've visited her and hope it helps.

RCUBEs said...

Thank you for sharing their story. May God continue to empower them and give them comfort. Passing by to thank you for encouraging me always. God bless you sister.

Deborah Ann said...

How nice of you to bring Shayla to your reader's attention! Heading over there now...

ilana Gutman said...

Thank you for posting this beautiful story of hope and courage! As the proverb says, "Prayers go up and blessings come down"