Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cleaning for a Reason


This incredible information came to me by way of a forwarded email -- you know, the kind we RARELY read and often delete? 

Well, I'm delighted this didn't find it's way to cyberspace's garbage heap because I know all too many women waging war with cancer (our beloved Elaine and Kathleen come to mind).

Check it out, and pass it on.

 The Cleaning for a Reason website will give you all the particulars, but basically this is a service that provides free (spelled F-R-E-E) cleaning service for four months for women undergoing chemotherapy. 

Their tagline says it all:  We focus on your home so you can focus on your health.  All one has to do is sign up and have the doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in the corresponding zip code area arrange for the service.

This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women.  How cool is that?

Be a blessing to someone you know that needs to focus on their health.  Pass it on ...

18 comments:

Denise said...

thanks for sharing sweetie.

Debbie said...

This sounds like a wonderful organization. How thoughtful to provide a much needed service to those going through health challenges. I love to hear about things like this.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Terri Tiffany said...

Wish I had known that for my mom when she was doing her chemo. How cool!

Rita said...

First off, let me say that every time I see your beautiful smile it makes my heart glad! What a wonderful thing to do for someone who is having to go through chemo. Thanks for the info.

Janet - AKA: Latte Lady said...

That's very nice!

:)Janet
www.homeward4.blogspot.com

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

I shared it on my facebook. What a great service. Praise the LORD.

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

What an awesome service...oh I would love to do that for others...thanks I will send it to my friend in another state that I can't help with

Rose said...

How wonderful. Talk about having a servant's heart. That group of ladies sure does. Thanks for sharing this much needed info.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I checked this out a while back; unfortunately, there's not as service in my area... bummer as my house could use an occasional scrub. I did do some mild cleaning last week as oldest son was bringing girlfriend home to visit over the weekend. Rather than spit and polish, she got "good enough" and funny thing is, she didn't even notice the difference.

Freedom!

peace~elaine

Just a little something from Judy said...

My good friend just sent me this information and I was so happy to hear of this organization. And it is just like your kind and generous heart to share it with the blogging world. How exciting this is!

christy rose said...

What an awesome ministry!! Thanks for sharing this!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

What an awesome service! Have never heard of this....

Thank you for sharing!

~Beth

Karen Lange said...

I heard about this recently. What a wonderful idea! There are so many ways we can bless and help others. Just need to keep our eyes and ears open.
Have a good week!
Blessings,
Karen

Doreen McGettigan said...

What a fantastic gesture. A great idea when you just do not know what to do for someone. Thank you for sharing.

skoots1mom said...

phenomenal idea...thanx for sharing!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

thanks for sharing...so glad to know about this

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

Someone sent me a similar email last week, and I passed it on.

Going through chemo and fighting cancer takes a lot of energy. I'm glad companies are thinking of creative ways to help.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Rita said...

Kathleen, I have something on my latest post for you. Please check it out. Thanks, my friend.