Sunday, November 7, 2010

Scenes from Arizona

I've decided to let the pictures speak for themselves. How else could I possibly capture all the elements of an amazing eight day trek among the richest of our treasures: Arizona family & friends!

“If you live to be 100,
I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day,
so I never have to live without you.”
~ Winnie the Pooh


It began with a visit at my sister Barbara's.










Then onto Tuscon to visit our cousin Mary Ann.









Breakfast with many from our church Home Team.





Meeting up with a very special family; one that is every bit our own - Pastor Greg, Lori, Jake, Zach, Josh & Brooke.







Wednesday mornings are best spent with the women's prayer group (and coffee, giggles & hugs) ...




My team from the office.




Such fun with Debbie (from Heart Choices), and the ducks.












What an amazing lady, hostess and friend is Kim (we stayed several days with she and hubby her hubby, Greg).




Visiting the Pierce Dairy ...











Dinner with great friends ...












Breakfast at Kim & Greg's resort-like home with the White Tank Mountains as a backdrop. So beautiful!








Catching Pastor Greg's flag-football team (and curly-headed Josh) winning the Championship before we leave town.






It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 comments:

Nel said...

Glad you are having such a wonderful time. Pictures are beautiful.
until next time... nel

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweetie, Loved the pic's-it was so good to see you among family and friends(especially Debbie); boy do you and your sister look alike!
Have a blessed day and delightful week.
Hugs, Noreen

RCUBEs said...

Those pics were screaming "L-O-V-E" shared among families and friends! Everyone's faces are just glowing with "joy"...Blessings to you sister. God bless.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Stepping into your world for a few minutes on this beautiful Sunday afternoon was a fun time for me. I am sure it brought you both times of fun and blessing to return to places that hold parts of your hearts. I could feel the laughter and the love with each picture. I am sure it was as much of a blessing for them as it was for the two of you. Thank you for sharing. I would have really enjoyed seeing that dairy operation. Farming is near and dear to my heart.

Molly's creations were beautiful! What a talented lady.

LisaShaw said...

Hey friend, I have to agree with Rosel those photos are screaming LOVE big time! Smiles, beauty, fellowship and loads of love!!!

Thanks for sharing with us! So good to see you and Debbie together! Love you both!

You and your sister are so precious together!!!

Rita said...

Looks to me like you had a wonderful trek back to AZ! I'm glad you had a good time. It is so nice to get together with old friends and family any time that you can. Hope you had a great trip back.

Sonja said...

A grand adventure! I just love the pictures... actually I also love some of your t-shirts!! :)

So now it's back to your new normal. Such a blessing to visit family and friends, loved that you got to be with Debbie again.

Loren said...

What a wonderful time you had!! Seeing sooo many friends and loved ones!! I know your heart must be so full! Thank you for sharing all of your pics! You are just beautiful Kathleen !!

Have a blessed week my dear friend! Love you

THE OLD GEEZER said...

It looks like you had a very special time with your family and friends. Thanks for sharing your great photos :-)

~Ron

Diana said...

What a great time!! Blessings to you.

Tiffany Marcotte said...

You made me homesick with those pictures :) I love the picture of you and the hub out eating breakfast. Arizona's weather and landscape is so beautiful in the fall! I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. Isn't the Dairy fun? I've only grabbed an utter once, so I guess I can be a milkmaid too! I did have a lot going on and it was nice to take a break from the blog, but feeling so happy to be back!! Hugs, Tiff

KelliGirl said...

Besides being set on a beautiful backdrop, your pictures are a testimony to a life well lived and well loved. So glad you had a great trip!

How's the Pacific Northwest treating you?