Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Worthy Read by Dr. David Jeremiah

It was never my intention to blog about books. Like most of you, I enjoy reading a variety of subjects, and none more than those devoted to deepening my understanding of God's word. A heap of them come-and-go from my life, but rarely do I feel compelled to recommend any one in particular.

Except this one ... "The Coming Economic Armageddon"

This is Dr. David Jeremiah's (ministry & bio info here) newest collection, and I encourage you to grab a copy (here). What a chilling, though hope-filled read!

In the span of a finely researched, well-documented and biblically cohesive 263 pages, Dr. Jeremiah delivers a non-extreme framework for the economic context in which we now live.

Nothing about the material will come as any great surprise. What it will do is shatter any illusions we might harbor about the dots connected between geo-political intrigues and economic mayhem. Those same dots are at the very heart of God's prophetic purposes.

I'm all for the grace and light (and light-weight) sides of life. I doubt anyone relishes levity & laughter more than I do. But sometimes I feel inclined to heft the weightier edges of life.

Dr. Jeremiah has placed in my hands a lead anvil.

I hope to place it in yours.

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the "heads up"! I respect Dr. Jeremiah's insight and wisdom.

Heart2Heart said...

Kathleen,

I love all of the books I've read by him and I am sure that this one will be on my must read list very soon.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Thanks for the suggestion...I have some of his books.
I know for us, unless we are in God's economy we aren't going to make it...He alone provides! I guess that lesson for us came at a big price, but it seems to be sinking in. :)

RCUBEs said...

I love listening to Dr. Jeremiah from the radio station. And I was yelling at my hubby to come over and see this book you are sharing because he's the one who loves reading these kinds [than me]. I'm more of a listener later, when he tries to shares what he gathers from his reading :)

Thank you for posting this, and the Bible says, that His people are destroyed because of lack of knowledge [Hosea 4:6].

May His Spirit of wisdom and discernment guide us all the more. Glory be to God! God bless.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I do respect the writings of Dr. David Jeremiah, and I am so thankful that God has blessed us with men such as him. Having the personality that I do and the tendency to worry no matter how much I know it is wrong, it is easier for me to read books about the here and now. One's that focus on the God we serve sooner than the situations and prophecies that I know are ahead. My husband on the other hand enjoys reading phophetic writings by men of God. Either way, I know God has a big plan and He is in control.

Denise said...

Thanks for the reccomendation.

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

When I first heard Dr. Jeremiah tell about this book, I knew I wanted one to read. But I have not yet looked into buying one.

Thanks for reminding me!

~Beth

Karen Lange said...

I've not read any of Jeremiah's books but I've heard that he's good. My brother in law really likes him. Thanks for the info!
Blessings,
Karen

LisaShaw said...

My husband and I enjoy his books and on occasion we catch him on tv but we really like his writings. We have great discussions around his writings. I'll have to get this one! Thanks for sharing my friend!

Hugs,
Lisa

P.S. Mentioned you and your 'word break down' in my post shared a few moments ago.

Nel said...

Will have to check into this one! Thanks for the recommendation.
until next time... nel

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

I've heard Dr. Jeremiah on TV. He's excellent.

We certainly live in troubling times. I'll have to look into this book.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Sheryl said...

this book just arrived for my dad. i cannot wait for him to finish, because i will be next on the reading list!

cindy said...

I love David Jerimiah. Thanks for the heads up!

cindy