Saturday, August 28, 2010

"You Deliver Me"

My friends ... this song grips me like few others have in recent months. I recognize not only the truth of it - HE delivers - but the need to be ever-ready for the transformation between what I am, and who I want to be.

Deep as the ocean; bright as rain
This powerful emotion lifts me up above the plains.
It's taken me to places I never thought I'd go,
Showing me a grace I never thought I'd know.

CHORUS
When I feel like I can't go on,
You deliver me.
When the road is winding ... way too long,
You deliver me.
You deliver me.

I feel like a sinner; my sins have been washed clean.
I'm absolutely given - this heart has never seen.
I must be forgiven; sometimes asking why
I was ever chosen to be given You in this life.

CHORUS

When there's a distance between
what I am and who I want to be,
You deliver me.

CHORUS

CHORUS


17 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing...music goes straight to the spirit!

LisaShaw said...

A song of my heart as well...

And I'm left in tears right here...

"When there's a distance between
what I am and who I want to be,
You deliver me."

Thank you for sharing with us.

Love you.

Shirley said...

They are quickly becoming a favorite group of ours. Love this one!

Sonja said...

Selah is probably my very favorite and this one just gives me goose bumps! GOOD goose bumps! What a message for our hearts.

Hugs!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Beautiful...

~elaine

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I love this song and it seems this was my cry last weekend. His grace upon me, my home, my marriage~to save that which He has been trusted with.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs today.
Noreen

Karen Lange said...

Yes, He does deliver us always. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Karen

Kay said...

Love this cd and this song. Love it! Thanks. : )

Debbie said...

I love Selah and I love this song! Thank you for posting Kathleen.

Love you,
Debbie

Saleslady371 said...

The beautiful song ministered to me greately today!

Thena said...

Just when I thought I had heard all of their songs. I love their music. Love the words to this one, definetly needed to hear them.

Karen said...

I love this song and the message it brings....

skoots1mom said...

thankful He delivers us...
you can 'renovate' too...give it a try...you'll surprise yourself :)

Patrina's Pencil said...

Always! In His perfect way - His will - His perfect timing!
Thanks for sharing your heart song here today.

God bless you
Patrina<")>><

Runner Mom said...

I love Selah and this song! Thanks for sharing it today! At some point, maybe I will be computer savvy(spelling?) and have a "you tube" song on my blog!
Hugs!
Susan

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

Powerful song! It's where I've been for the last seven years, and He's always delivered me.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Tiffany Marcotte said...

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!