Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summoned by the Bitterroot


Gone Fishing

No, I didn't get run over by our moving van; nor am I buried in the box rubble residing in our garage. It's been a long, rugged two weeks of moving & unpacking.

That said, we are eagerly preparing for tomorrow morning's early departure to Montana, where all 16 of our immediate family are headed for a week of R&R, fly-fishing, flashlight tag, s'mores, hiking, board (& bored) game-playing, hide-and-go seek, tall-tale spinning around the fire or on the fly, and the like.

Again I apologize for my lengthy absence from the blogosphere, but you can be sure I'm excited to get settled enough to return to blogging, and to visiting all of you.

Can't wait for the gIRLs Gathering in September, either!!! What a time & blessing it will be to huddle up with such dear friends as Melinda, Elaine, Beth & Lisa. Who else is going?

But for now I've truly "Gone Fishing". See you after the 13th.

Love to all,
Kathleen

14 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm so glad you will have this time fishing with your family. How fun that sounds. I remember you talking about this trip when we were able to spend time together.

The gIRLs Gathering sounds like fun. I know that Beth and Elaine are thrilled to get to meet you.

I'm sending you a hug across the miles.

Love to you,
Debbie

Just a little something from Judy said...

You are missed! Sounds like a real special time for all of you in Montana. It is good that you all set time apart to celebrate and spend time together. Have fun!

As for your time together with dear friends, in September...well, that just sounds wonderful! Some year I hope to attend. Can't wait to hear about it.

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

vacation with 16 people? oh, wow....

praying for safe travel and that you have a great time!

Shirley said...

Have a wonderful time!

Saleslady371 said...

Sounds like great fun with your precious loved ones. You guys know how to enjoy life, even moving. I miss you already.

RCUBEs said...

Hope you catch a lot!!! Glad you're having a wonderful time, being refreshed and being warmed up with treasured relationships. God bless and protect you.

Nel said...

Oh what a fun time. Wish I could go away for a week of fishing. Have a great time!

until next time... nel

MOMSWEB said...

WAIT! Take me with you! LOL

Glad I dropped by today to wish you a fun and joyful trip.

Beth E. said...

Have a wonderful time, sweet Sassy. In fact, think you could squeeze me into your suitcase? I'm more than ready for a vacation after the past couple of weeks!

Thank you so much for your faithfulness to pray for my brother, Jimmy, and our family. Prayers are what have gotten us through this difficult time. He needs healing in many areas of his life, so your continued prayers are greatly appreciated.

I can hardly wait for September, either. :-)

Karen Lange said...

Have fun! :)
Blessings,
Karen

sister sheri said...

Love that you are truly going fishing! Sounds like a wonderful and relaxing time! Enjoy!

Jackie said...

Have a blast!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

And how is my Montana? Can't wait to hear. I'm sure you've found me a perfect cabin by the lake!

peace~elaine

LisaShaw said...

I pray you've enjoyed your time in Montana with family! I was blog-absent 9 days myself and returned this week. We all need that break with GOD and family!

I am BUSTING WITH EXCITEMENT to wrap my arms around you, Elaine, BethE and all the other ladies! What fun and what moments we will have in GOD!

Love ya!