Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Perspectives

... whatever is true,
whatever is noble,
whatever is right,
whatever is pure,
whatever is admirable,
whatever is lovely -
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -
think about such things...
and the God of peace
will be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9
.
Too often it escapes my notice, or my attention, that others are struggling with truly troublesome trials. The lapse in my observation skills is always due to my being focused on my own stuff; and usually that stuff is trivial by comparison.
.
I've been visiting various blogs this morning, and it didn't take long for a lump to form in my throat. So many of you are tired and weary and troubled, and rightfully so! Your plates are full or your challenges rugged. I long to come alongside and help or to comfort.
.
So today I'll keep YOU in thought & prayer, knowing that the noble, the right, the pure, etc., will become the flood that ushers in your peace ... and mine.
.
My love to all,
Kathleen

14 comments:

Shirl said...

You are such a blessing! Hugs!

Angel said...

You are so sweet, I love your heart for people!!

Love and Blessings to you!!

Terri Tiffany said...

Just so you know, I've been praying for you during this transition and hoping you love your new home and the weather and being close to family:)

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Thank you...you are such an encouragement. I went over these scriptures with my 14 year old just minutes ago..so thanks for the confirmation...I also did a post on "it is all in your perceptive"....I probably need to re-read it myself.
Blessings...thanks for being so willing to share your wisdom,
Janette

Debbie said...

Thank you for your friendship and prayers. What a gift they are to me Kathleen. I'm amazed that you're already blogging. I love it.

Hugs and love to you,
Debbie

Yolanda said...

What a blessing and from the looks of things, it is beautiful where you have moved to.

Love,
Yolanda

Runner Mom said...

Kathleen, you have such a beautiful heart for others! What a blessing YOU are to us!
Hugs!
susan

Rita said...

Unfortunately, many are hurting, which is quite evident by some of the things you read on the posts. I too need to focus on others instead of the things that trouble me and I need to think on those things that the Bible tells us to. Hope all goes well with you.

RCUBEs said...

Prayers...Who wouldn't want to be prayed for? That's awesome sister. Thank you and that's what we must all do...

Your "sadistic" comment cracked me up. Thank you for putting a smile on me this morning! :) God bless you more.

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Thank you my friend for reminding me of how great our Father is. Thank you for the wise words you left on Grace.
Loving HIS Grace,
Bren

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Me, too. Thanks for loving me as you do. I've said it before...

"Who couldn't use a little Sas in their lives?"

You make the road easier. Keep to it.

peace~elaine

PS: And for the record, my word verification here is "comin"...

So glad that you are. Comin'.

Cindy - Letters From Midlife said...

I'm one of those who is burdened today. I haven't posted about it yet but I found out today that my friend died after a battle with breast cancer. That's two friends I've lost in nine months. The saving grace is that they both were believers so I know I'll see them again.

Thank you for an uplifting post to help me keep perspective.

LisaShaw said...

I wish you can see my tears right now my friend...

it is both an honor and joy to PRAY FOR and WITH you my friend.

You are very precious to my heart!!!

Love you!

P.S. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

This scripture always speaks to my heart. It's far too easy to focus on the negative.

Thanks for your prayers. I pray everything worked out with your move.

Blessings,
Susan :)