Saturday, July 10, 2010

Folex: Get Some!

It's rare when I feel compelled to endorse someone or someTHING. But I simply must, while it's fresh on my mind, tell you about Folex.

Years ago, while living above the incomparable Puyallup Valley beneath the shadow of Mt. Rainier (where I'm soon headed again), our home was carpeted in white. In know ... not the best color for a family adding grandchildren one-by-one, but it was a color I'd always longed for when my own soda-sippers couldn't walk 3 feet without spilling something hideous.

So white it was.

Our youngest son lived at home still; and one particular day he came into the house for a break from his labors on his car. Unbeknownst to him, his shoe contained a glob - and I do mean GLOB - of grease. As soon as he sat down in the living room and stretched out his legs, he laid a strip of that glob across a 2 feet stretch of the white carpet.

Eureka! %!&$&@!*%#$@!!

That's when I made a discovery that would change my cleaning-life forever.

I don't remember how it came to be in my possession, but on that grease-laying day of old I got my white terry-cloth cleaning rags and the Folex, and began the seemingly useless effort of extracting the glob. "Seemingly"? You bet!

It took awhile, but in the end that grease glob was gone completely. No sign of it. No telltale residue. In fact, no electromagnetic film left behind to attract even more dirt in days to come (like EVERY other carpet cleaner I've ever used)!

The rest is history. I now buy the stuff in gallons and use it on everything from carpets to laundry to upholstery.

I could live without a lot of things; but not my Folex!

Get some.



P.S. The place I've found the best value for this item is at Walmart ($4.50 - $4.99 Quart Spray); Ace Hardware ($12.00 Gallon). Lowe's and Home Depot typically carry it as well; and I've even seen it in Safeway and Albertson's, though at a much higher cost.

P.S.S. The above-mentioned son, by the way, is still living. :)

16 comments:

Rita said...

Oh, you are brave having white carpets! I don't think I could deal with them now that I don't have children at home, much less when they were here! HA! I know that you home is beautiful. Thanks for the tip.

Shirl said...

Thanks for the info! I will make a note of it. A spot cleaner I found that I like is one I found at Hancock Fabric: Grandma's Secret Spot Remover. I don't know how it might compare to Folex, and it only comes in a small bottle (as far as I know). As clumsy as we are around here, we need all the 'miracle' products we can get.

Terri Tiffany said...

I own a white sofa!! I'm telling my daughter about this. She just asked what she could get some stuff out of her carpets with! Thank you!!

Debbie said...

How did you know that I needed to read this? Sassy to the rescue! I have several grease stains in the carpet and I couldn't find my spot cleaner. I know it's in a box in this garage but you know how that looks. So, I guess I'll pick up some of this.

Love you,
Debbie

RCUBEs said...

Thanks for the tip Sassy G! Guess that's better than "CPR" as it was able to save a young life then :)

God bless.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Looking forward to trying some on pet throw up spots! Thanks!

Saleslady371 said...

Thank you, thank you! My contractors grease up my office carpet from time to time! And look how efficient you are: you even tell us where it is sold!

Diana said...

Great info!!!

Just a little something from Judy said...

If you were here to see my light beige carpet today, you would know first hand how much I appreciate this recommendation. I never heard of this product and I really do need it. Walmart is close by and I am thrilled . Thank you so much for sharing what I really needed. Seems like God leads you to do that quite often in my life.

Tammy@If Meadows Speak... said...

Wow, I'm inspired! By a cleaning product no less. Miracles do exist! :)

Cindy - Letters From Midlife said...

Good to know about this!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Hi, Enjoyed reading various posts. Loved the Eeyore Syndrome description. And have to say, my senior mom also loves Folex. Have a blessed day.

Beverlydru said...

Good tip. Have you tried it on colored carpet? I have dark green and most cleaners lighten the carpet so it's still a spot. Just a clean spot.

a portland granny said...

I've never heard of that brand. I have to get some as my VERY light beige carpets are needing some serious spot work, and I haven't found anything that takes it up completely...and I am not ready to have them cleaned. They stay pretty good unless I have a lot of company.

Beth E. said...

I've never heard of it, but I'm gonna look for it....with three guys and a dog, there's always a glob of something in our house!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Used it ...loved it..need to go get more! We are renting with white carpet and two boys. Thanks for the reminder