Thursday, July 22, 2010

Energy Deficient

Can anybody say "whooped"?!!

Today's the day we began loading the truck and, God willing, will finish the job tomorrow morning. That means everything's torn down, and all bedding, towels, etc., are now laundered & packed too. So that also means we'll not be sleeping in this house tonight, opting instead for the local Marriott.

Besides, shortly we'll head to the airport to pick up daughter Molly and her special guy Tom, and Molly's daughter Rylie. They'll help with the finishing touches tomorrow, then dead-head for the Pacific Northwest in Terry's car. Rylie is going to tag along with Grandpa and me in the truck for a slower, more "memorable" Arizona exodus. My car will be hauled behind us. (Why does Jed Clampett come to mind?)

I am so grateful to have had several months to plan, organize, prepare and pre-pack for this junket. Even so, this week and last have been rugged on so many levels.

While our 62 year old bodies are protesting, my heart has been counting the blessings here one-by-one. For every one thing we leave behind, I am confident there will be something new & wonderful just up ahead. But ... can anybody say "cry baby"?!!

My apologies to the many of you that stop by to visit, or that send me such encouraging emails as I've been poorly remiss in responding. I can assure you it's a derivative of moving and not neglect. Promise!

Tomorrow we'll box our laptops and go silent for the next 4 to 6 days.

See you on the other side, where even more chaos awaits us!

Did I mention we're 62?

My, oh, my ....


If you're too busy to go fishin',
you're too busy.
Jed Clampett

17 comments:

Debbie said...

Kathleen, I will be praying for a safe trip for you all. I know you are excited about this move as you'll get to see your kids and grandkids too. I think that is so important.

I've enjoyed having you close by. The lunches, church and the drive to Prescott were very special to me. And I'll be wearing the purple and black jackets when it's cooler and ...I will think of you.

Love you,
Debbie

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

praying for you as you make this move. you are such blessing to me and look forward to hearing from you next week!

Rita said...

Have a wonderful trip and yes, I know about those 62 year old bodies when it comes to moving. I was 65 when we moved and I don't look forward to ever moving again! Ha! May God keep you safe as you travel.

Diana said...

Yes, praying for a safe journey!! Looking forward to some stories and pics after the trip.

Debbie said...

Having just been in your shoes a couple of weeks ago, I know just how your feeling...SUCH a mixture of feelings. I pray all goes well for you and that you settle in quickly. Soo many new memories ahead. I am 55 and it was tough Iam not going to lie, haha...62? and accross country? I am impressed. God bless you on your journey...HUGS, Debbie

Lou said...

Have a safe trip Kathleen! Moving is such a chore, I'm sure you'll be relieved when you are finally settled in your new home.

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my most recent post.

Blessings to you and your family on your trip!

Lou

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

It will all be a memory soon! Hopefully a great memory, but a memory none the less. I'm sure it'll all be well!

Runner Mom said...

Kathleen, praying for safety and lots of FUN as you and the other Clampetts make your move! Enjoy the Marriott!!
Hugs!
Susan

Sonja said...

You're on the road today! Praying for safe travel and some rest and fun along the way...

New beginnings.... wow! Can't wait to hear...

Hugs!

Sonja

Pain to Purpose said...

Have a safe and fun trip! I know you will miss AZ, but good things are awaiting you in this next chapter, and I can't wait to read the posts about it. :)
Carrie

Kay said...

Oh wow...exciting, scary, exhausting. Hang in there and we'll see you on the other side, my friend! : )

NanaNor's said...

Blessings Kathleen, I so understand what you are going through except we did it two years ago, at age 56, when we moved from Ca. to Colorado in the dead of winter. It is hard to leave dear friends behind but I trust the Lord has many new friends for you. I had never moved out of state before so it may have been harder for me-making new friends as a senior is challenging.
Travel mercies to you and yours-looking forward to hearing about life in your new area.
Hugs, Noreen

Beth E. said...

Praying for you, sweet Sassy, as you travel to your new home. Oh, the joys of being closer to your family!

I can't picture you as a Beverly Hillbilly...unless, of course, there's a rocking chair in the back of that truck! lol

Big hugs...can hardly wait until September, when I give you those hugs in person! :-)

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

Praying for you and your family. May you have a safe, pleasant trip to your new home.

Blessings,
Susan :)

rcubes said...

God bless and protect you sister K. as you move back to PNW.

Technonana said...

Safe travels my Friend!!! Waiting to hear from you, when you arrive at your next destination!!
Keeping you ALL in my prayers!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

The fun is about to begin... but getting there can be oh so very trying.

Happy home settling. I love you all!

peace~elaine