Sunday, June 20, 2010

So Great a Gift



I heard a wonderful quote some years ago: "The greatest gift a father can give his children is to love their mother."

My sisters and I are the recipients of just such a gift.

Daddy's love-largess for our mother was a vast reservoir that spilled onto, and into our lives. I could write on-and-on about this amazing man of gift-giving; a man of faith, adventure (mountain scaling, fly-fishing & hunting at the top of that list), industry, warmth, charisma, gentleness and affections.

Suffice it to say, I cannot pass through this day without again thanking God for the man that gave me life, so Another could give me life eternal.


Any man can be a Father
but it takes someone special to be a dad.

~ Anne Geddes

10 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

What a gift God gave you, and what a kind, heartfelt tribute to your dad. I love how you worded this tribute, and every post you share.

Beverlydru said...

Your words are so carefully chosen & so descriptive...a man of industry, warmth, charisma, gentleness and affections...that would describe my dad too. What an impact fathers make, for better or for worse. We are so blessed our dad's love showed us the path to the eternal and unchanging Father.
Blessings to you.

Loren said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt tribute to your Dad

A gift and a blessing to all in your family!

love and hugs today

Nel said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad! Beautifully written from the heart! Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel

Runner Mom said...

Beautiful, Kathleen! Thanks for sharing your heart! And, thank you for your sweet words on my blog! I talked to Elaine yesterday, and I heard some fabulous news!! I am so excited and can't wait for September!
Hugs!
Susan

Winging It said...

Truly a gift! What a blessing. Was thinking recently how the greatest blessings can not be contained, they spill over into others lives by God's design. Happy Father's Day!

Beth E. said...

Awesome, Kathleen....a very touching post, and a beautiful tribute to your dad.

Hugs,
beth

Sonja said...

I am joining with you today in paying tribute with a full heart to my own father, you've said it so well here. Happy Father's Day to both of them until we all meet again!

Andrea said...

Kathleen, your post is so beautiful! Yes, the Lord surely blessed you with an amazing father and mother! And those blessed gifts continue with you and your lovely family!

Praising God for His goodness and faithfulness that endures to all generations,

Andrea

Debbie said...

Kathleen, I love what you wrote:

"The greatest gift a father can give his children is to love their mother."

How true that really is!

We learn so much about how to do marriage from our parents. It helps if they love each other and show it.

My dad also loved my mom so much and she felt the same way about him. They were far from perfect but there always was LOVE.

Love you,
Debbie