Friday, June 18, 2010

Roosted With Roasted Coffee

Here I sit, in my daughter's kitchen sipping a cup of freshly brewed (Keirig) coffee. Upstairs I hear footsteps, which means we'll all soon be scurrying to deliver some to the airport, another to school, and yet another (me) to the land of new babies.

Molly & Tom are headed to the Caribbean for a wedding (poor dears), so my commission here is twofold: bunk in with Rylie while Mom's away, and make a beeline to son Kelly's house to get my hands on the newest addition, Kole (look to the right).

On Sunday, Father's Day, I'll prepare dinner for all the dads in the family - - the first such gathering since we left ten years ago. Can't wait!

Amidst all this I'm investigating, planning, thinking, strategizing, praying and hoping to register for the Girl Gathering at Black Mountain, NC from September 24th to the 26th.

For now, I'm simply content to wear my Grandma hat. It like it best.

14 comments:

Parsley said...

Have a blessed weekend.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Have a joyous time playing Grandma! I'm envious! And the newest addition is adorable! Just want to pick him up and kiss him all over!

Karen said...

Sounds wonderful! Congratulations on the new little one...the Grandma hat is the best!

skoots1mom said...

what a great weekend ... enjoy cuddling that new boy ;)

girl, you're gonna be less than 200 miles from us...i might have to get bestill&know to get in the car with me and come to that wonderful time of study...that's a gorgeous location, too! it would be fun praising the Lord and especially getting to meet you. Those mountains in September are wonderfully refreshing

KelliGirl said...

Kathleen,
What a wonderful place to be. I know you'll savor every moment of this special time. Enjoy being with your people, especially on Fathers' Day.

BTW, I love the new look of your blog!

Blessings,
Kelli

Karen Lange said...

Oh yes, the Grandma hat is SUCH fun! I love it when I get to wear mine:) Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned. Have fun!
Blessings,
Karen

Saleslady371 said...

Congratulations, Kathleen, on another addition to the family. Kole is adorable. I'm enjoying looking at him as I sit here with a cup of coffee in my daughter's kitchen! May God bless little Kole's life with His grace and protection.

Cindy (Letters From Midlife) said...

I'm jealous of my blogger friends who are grandmas! lol

Terri Tiffany said...

And is it raining there!! Funny, I was there at mother's day and you are there at father's day. ENJOY!!!!!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, This sounds like an absolutely wonderful way to pass the time however tiring. Love the new blog look...have a joyous weekend.
Noreen

Melinda said...

I jumped over here to:

1) Say hi.
2) Say ENJOY THAT GRANDBOY!
3) Say I'M SO EXCITED THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO COME TO gIRL!!

Imagine my surprise that you were helping promote it! Thank you!!

Hugs sweet friend!
M

Beth E. said...

Enjoy your time with your precious grandchildren!

A cup of coffee with you sounds delightful. I hope we get to do that at the gIRL Gathering in September!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

Have a wonderful time celebrating Father's Day and loving on your grandbabies. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Rebecca said...

These times are so RARE and wonderful. Enjoy those grandchildren - I know you will have wonderful times and make some great memories for some very special children.