Saturday, April 10, 2010

On the Rim


A quick "hello" to let you know I've not gone MIA.


Actually, I've been enjoying a week of domestic & grandmotherly bliss. Daughter Molly & granddaughter Rylie, along with Molly's boyfriend Tom, have been with us ten great days. My kitchen's gotten some intense usage, as have the chaise lounges adjacent to the pool.

Grandpa & I have whisked Miss Rylie away for a Grand Canyon experience. We made our way yesterday, traveling north out of Phoenix to Sedona. We then meandered along the Oak Creek River through the canyon by the same name into Flagstaff, where we nestled for the night.

May I say how impressed was Miss Rylie that Grandpa's an "elite" hotel guest, which means our room suite was free. Rylie even had her own bedroom. Perfect for an equally "elite" granddaughter!

Soon we'll head to breakfast; then onto the canyon's South Rim. It's an amazing site that never loses it's power to humble.


I'll be around to visit each of you next week when at last my routines are again routine. For now, my best & warmest to all.

A Happy Sassy Granny

13 comments:

Diana said...

Have a great time with them!!!

Debbie said...

I'm so glad you're having a wonderful visit with your family Kathleen. We are so blessed to have the Grand Canyon in our state. It is overwhelming and wondrous to sit overlooking the Canyon. God is such an awesome Creator, isn't He? Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon are beautiful too.

Enjoy your visit. These times come and go way too quickly. And btw, the job wasn't what I hoped so ...

Thanks for your prayers.

Love you,
Debbie

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

Nice to have an update Kathleen. Enjoy your humbling experience.

Saleslady371 said...

What a beautiful time of year to enjoy the Canyon. Someday we will get do this with our granddaughter. I can only imagine how much fun all three of you are having.

Smiles,
Mary

Andrea said...

Praying you guys will have a blessed time.
andrea

Loren said...

Oh Kathleen it sounds like pure bliss ....with your grand-daughter AND one of the most divine creations ever...the GRAND CANYON!

Soooo happy for you and "Grandpa!" Enjoy your precious time ~ I know the "seeds" you are planting are going to bloom some day with such beauty!

Love you

Nel said...

So glad you are enjoying your granddaughter! And the Grand Canyon is amazing! Take care and be safe!

until next time... nel

Angel Muly said...

How fun to be at the Grand Canyon with your granddaughter. I have never been there but can only imagine how awesome it is. Have fun. Love, Angel
Allthemus.blogspot.com

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Praying that you had a super time!

I knew you had a new grandyoungin coming and now it appears that we are both expecting little grandsons in June.

Love you - Beth

RCUBEs said...

What a great time and memorable moment!!! God bless you sister and I'm sure you'll come back with tons of nuggets to chew as you explore those awesome crannies...

Heart2Heart said...

Kathleen,

Sounds like you all had an amazing time and can't wait to see all your pictures. I've never been to the grand canyon but hope to get out there some day soon.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Just a little something from Judy said...

In my heart I know how much you are enjoying your days with family. Wonder if Rylie knows how fortunate she is to have a grandma like you. Wishing you many more joy filled minutes.

You are missed!

Rita said...

What better way to spend the week other than with a daughter and granddaughter! You must be in Heaven already! Glad you had the time to spend with them.