Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Flower Power


No, this particular Flower Power is not about polyester bell-bottoms or Woodstock or hippies.

It's about the colorful collage made when the virtual again became real, when fellow blogger Melinda and I spent an amazing day that included lunch and a saunter through Scottsdale's Fashion Square.

Whether munching or chatting, I felt from the git-go that I'd known this dimpled beauty for the entirety of my life! Her easy laugh, warm eyes and authenticity is that rare blend found in few. It's the sort of stuff that makes for life-long friendships.

For some time now we've been visiting each other's blogs, and periodically sharing email when encouragement and prayer are needed. How providential, then, that Melinda's travels would take her from her Ft. Worth roost to my own neighborhood!

Melinda's been Traveling the Road Home
with evangelistic passion for quite some time. She's a fierce advocate for the unborn, and has just recently launched the newest of ministry initiatives with Girlfriends in Real Life along with another of her virtual-to-real blogger buddies, Mary. You can be certain that their gIRL's will be coming to a venue near you in the months to come.



It's been an amazing week; and it's only Tuesday! In the span of 48 hours I've spent time with two ladies I've met here in Cyberspace; ladies that have forever changed my life.

Is blogging worthwhile? You bet!

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Kathleen, I'm so glad to see your photos of the day with Melinda. I'm sure you had a ball! You two look so cute together. I'm going to have to check out her blog.

I love your smiles!

Hugs,
Debbie

Melinda said...

Worthwhile indeed! I heart you, my sassy friend. Thank you for your kind words, warm and loving heart and passion for my Jesus. The wonders of the body of Christ never disappoint or cease to amaze, do they?

You are a treasure.

m

Nel said...

What a great time you have been having! That is such fun! And you are right blogging friends are some of the best!

until next time... nel

Rose said...

Kathleen, what a cute picture! Sounds like you had a fun day. How wonderful you have been able to meet with some of your fellow bloggers!

Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Lange said...

What fun! Yes, blogging is worth it:)

myletterstoemily said...

hi sassy!

sonja sent me over here, and i am
grateful to her for it!

i can tell this is going to be a fun,
encouraging place to visit.

blessings,
lea

Beth E. said...

I'm a little jealous that yet another blogger got to meet you, Sassy...okay, I'm a LOT jealous! Just confessin'...

;-)
Hugs,
Beth

Runner Mom said...

What fun!! Ok--I'm with Beth E.--when are you planning a visit to the deep south? Hmm? We'll have a great time! Promise!

Hugs!
Susan

christy rose said...

Oh WOW! That is so awesome!!! I am so jealous!!! Is blogging worth it? You bet!!! :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

For sure it's worth it. I was just commenting to my husband today about the kindness I've found in the blogging community... it's a different way to meet and greet and grow as friends, but it's happening. You all have been my strength and comfort over the past two years and especially in recent days.

Now... to get you two to NC.

peace~elaine

Just a little something from Judy said...

Don't you just love it when God surprises us with special unexpected blessings, in the middle of an ordinary week! It seems like you are experincing that very thing this week. The two of you look so good in your summer outfits. It made me want to join the two of you, and just sit and listen to you both.

Makes me wonder what is in store for the rest of your week:)

Rita said...

Aren't friendships wonderful, no matter where you meet them. I have had two lifelong friends (one died four years ago) and wouldn't trade that. We have been friends since we were teens and early twenties.

Terri Tiffany said...

I love that you got to meet some friends from blogging. When I think of the months and now years with some that I've chatted with about so many things--it is truly amazing:))