Wednesday, March 17, 2010

UPDATE: Color Me Green With Debbie


Ah, St. Paddy's Day. Hailing from ancestral linkage to the likes of Annie Claire McFadden and Sarah Kelly, this Irish lass has a lot more than green on her mind.

Today I'll wear pink, for no good reason other than I can. With a name like Flanagan, who needs green anyway? Besides, the color's been taken hostage by ecologically-bent activists. How I wish they'd selected carnelian or chartreuse!

For lunch today I'll meet up in real life with a lady I've come to know here, in the virtual world. Debbie from Heart Choices is a prolific blogger that many of you already know & treasure. She also happens to be a near-neighbor, living just 20 minutes north of me. How cool is that?!!

I first posted this early this morning. Since then I've met up with dear friend Debbie for lunch, and I can tell you the real far outshines the virtual. What a lady! For sure we'll be doing this again, and often. Join us?

So, whatever else the day brings, may it be a blessing to all.


May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hands!



P.S. My apologies to all of you that I've not visited in a while. Once the oddities of life give way to something more routine, I'll make up for it. Promise!



16 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit with Debbie.
Blessings, andrea

NanaNor's said...

From one Irish lass to another-the Lord's blessings on you this day.
I love this post-and I always said I've got green blood because I am 100% Irish. Hey, will you give dear Debbie a big hug for me today!
Have a wonderful lunch~
hugs, Noreen

Andrea said...

Enjoy your St. Patrick's Day!

God bless, and much love,

Andrea

Debbie said...

Oh Kathleen, I cannot wait to meet you today! I can't believe it will be in only two hours from now. I just know I will love you and I feel like I already know you. But I want to know more. I believe you have much wisdom and experience and that the Lord is using you mightily.

See you soon. I'm still trying to find something to wear. My clothes are still in boxes and big black plastic bags. :) But I will be smiling.

Love you,
Debbie

Beth E. said...

My great-great grandparents were Irish, so I have a little bit of it in me!

How wonderful that you and Debbie will be meeting for lunch...I'm a wee bit o' green with envy. You lasses enjoy your time together! ;-)

O'Beth

RCUBEs said...

Hope you both have a wonderful time! Sounds so much fun to have met and become friends!! God bless.

Debbie said...

I so enjoyed our lunch together! You are so quick. My email is still corrupted so Greg and I have been working on it all afternoon. :(

I felt like I knew you for years. What a great time and I definitely want to repeat it many times in the future. You are the real deal and a sister in Christ.

Love you,
Debbie

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

You're right... with a name like Flanagan, who needs green?

Love the Irish blessing as well as the lunch picture with Debbie. 20 minutes? Are you kidding me? That's incredible. Yes, next time count me in. Send me a bus ticket and please wait for me. I might be a little late:)

peace~elaine

sonja said...

And Elaine's bus can stop in Texas and pick me up! I am so glad you posted a picture. I knew this would be a special meeting! I'm green with a little envy too... and that's my nod to St.Patricks Day...

Hugs!

Sonja

Rebecca said...

Oh....the little oddities of life!

Glad you could have your face-to-face.

I had a face-to-face early today, a community Lenten luncheon with some more face-to-faces, then listened to several webinar sessions before spending eveing reading a book.

You're SO right about wisdom seeming to show up late in life. I had such an awareness of this while listening in to webinar this afternoon. I'm sure I was one of the older women. I heard the same "complaints" (no energy, trying to find my ministry, lack of support) I probably made as younger woman...I wanted to jump in with some "wisdom", but it didn't seem like a WISE time to do it....

Rita said...

How wonderful that you two are able to get together after blogging and now meeting! Hope your visit was a great one!

Saleslady371 said...

Dear Kathleen and Debbie:
Hey, you's guys, I'm GREEN with envy. Great photo...the only thing that is missing is me in it, too. I have met beautiful Debbie and she's a real sister and Kathleen, I know I will feel the same when I meet you in person.

Love yous,
Mary

Cindy (Letters From Midlife) said...

I'm jumping over from Debbie's blog to visit you! I'm enjoying reading some of your posts.

christy rose said...

How fun! And what a beautiful picture of both of you!!!

Rose said...

Kathleen, wow you look wonderful in that color. I had to chuckle at your comment about with a name like Flanagan who needs green. I can so relate. "Mahoney" here! I did opt for green only because its one of my favorite colors.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Kathleen -

I'm glad you were able to meet a blogger friend. Wouldn't it be cool if we could all meet prior to the big meeting in heaven?

Blessings,
Susan :)