Tuesday, February 9, 2010

His People & Their Land


Just a tiny spec of land on the global mass we call Earth, Israel could not be featured more prominently in today's news were it a planet itself!

One of it's supporters has given it a designation that's as much prophetic as it is descriptive: The Epicenter. Not AN epicenter, but THE epicenter. Striking.

I realize many people take little of note of Israel's importance beyond it's democratic government, or the current hatred it engenders among many of it's neighbors, if not a wider global community - and how that engendering just might possibly, perhaps, maybe, somehow relate to us, the individual, or the nation we claim as our own.

Seems everyone's got a plan and purpose for Israel and, I dare say, it often does not include good stuff.

Too, there are those that see little value to Israel in Biblical terms, having decided that the Church long ago replaced Israel in the grand scheme of things.

I realize how such doctrinal beliefs formed. After all, it was many years - hundreds and thousands of years - that Israel in general, and the Jews in particular, were dispersed among the nations. There was no sign of a nation, much less a national presence on the land distinctly divided by none other than God Himself.

No wonder folks decided it was a nation utterly forgotten by God. Until, that is, 1948 ...

Well, Paul had it right even if we lost our way:

Did God reject His people?
By no means!

God did not reject his people, whom He foreknew.
... at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.
Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to
fall beyond recovery?
Not at all!
Rather, because of their transgression,
salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.
I do not want you to be ignorant of
this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited:

Israel
has experienced a hardening in part

until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.
And so all Israel will be saved,
as it is written:

"The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins."

Romans 11 (parts)
(Also Isaiah 59:20,21; 27:9; Jer. 31:33,34)

I'm pretty fond of blessings. I sure hope this country is too!.

"I will make you (Abraham/Israel) into
a great nation and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you
."
Genesis 12:2-3

What amazing days are these!

May He grant wisdom to our leaders, and may they/we stand firmly with & behind Israel.

21 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I love some Israel talk, sister! Hope to go there someday. I have a feeling it is most prominent as it pertains to my future.

Just hearing Israel mentioned blesses my heart.

peace~elaine

Beth E. said...

Amen! I am always so blessed my your posts, Kathleen. This one has truly been a blessing.

Nel said...

Enjoyed your post as always. One of my followers is Duta over at Places of Character is from Israel. If you have never visited her stop by. She always has an interesting post of her different experiences.

until next time... nel

Denise said...

Really great post.

Karen Lange said...

Amen:)

Debbie said...

God hasn't given up on Israel. It's amazing to me that such a tiny area plays such a vital role in world events. This may be the church age but according to the bible, there will a time for the Jews.

My friends are preparing to leave on a trip to Israel at the end of this month. They are so excited.

I've read Joel Rosenberg's book called "Epicenter". I know it's fiction but it's amazing how much came true after it was written.

Love to you and I hope to update you by email soon. Every day things seem to change. I like stability and it's just not happening right now.

Love,
Debbie

Andrea said...

AMEN.

I recently told my husband how it scared me to think about the lack of respect we have for Israel and it's position in GODS plan.

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Rose said...

I think you are so right. We tend to overlook Israel at times while others are obsessed with blowing them off the map.
God has special plans for that tiny spec of land and he treasures it. For whatever reasons it is important to God and his Divine plans.
I think Andrea might be right...it should scare us to think about the lack of respect given to this place.

Sheryl said...

i'm sensing you are a joel rosenberg fan??

Rosezilla said...

It is fascinating to see how everything unfolds.

Yolanda said...

I'm totally in agreement, our Nation needs to stand and rally behind Israel, God's Chosen indeed.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

WifenMother said...

God is Amazing! I love reading his Word and seeing it being played out.

Shirl said...

I'm always amazed at how so much of the world seems to be against Israel, yet they stand. God's hand has to be upon them.

Runner Mom said...

I want to visit there too one day! Great post, Sassy!
Hugs!
Susan

Just a little something from Judy said...

Amen my friend! Loved that you shared this! Following the "epicenter" myself and knowing with certainity, that it is all really part of a bigger plan. I feel so blessed that I know that all the amazing things that are happening in our world are all part of God's plan and purposes. This is an exciting post. Thank you for sharing it! We will keep pressing on.

manthano said...

Thanks for the post.
It almost scares me when
considering how the world
looks at and treats Israel.
Thank you.

christy rose said...

Amen! Praying for our leaders!

sonja said...

I am fascinated by Israel too. Never more than now has this little nation seemed so important. I guess I didn't think about Israel as much while I was growing up. It's such a huge part of God's plan. I would love to visit the holy land!

Blessings!

Sonja

Diana said...

Great words!!!

Thanks

LisaShaw said...

I'm all over this message dear friend! Love it!

Thanks for sharing. I pray to be able to go to Israel with my husband, children and grand children one day.

Hugs and love!

Tammy@If Meadows Speak... said...

Oh I just love Israel because it's where Christ came, it's the nation God has loved for many centuries. How much more I know HIM because of them. Bless them!