Thursday, February 11, 2010

Collecting Valentines


As Valentine's Day approaches, I'm rounding up as many of my personal Valentine's as possible. This collection is the short version.
Heading the pack is Sassy Granddad, aka Wonder Boy - my companion, cohort and cherished love since I was 16, and husband of 43 years!

Perhaps my greatest of earthly treasures are these, the Sassy Three that grew beneath my own heart, and remain their still ... Brad, Molly & Kelly


Here's Kelly & Katrina (pregnant); Molly & Tom



Next comes the Super Sassies (minus Katie), taken a few years ago. (l-r, Allie, Megan, Molly, Brad, Rylie, Kelly, Katrina; floor Erik, Kelly & Kaden)

Here's the now-Sassy Seventeen Katie ... Watch out world!


With Tom, we get two extra: Megan & Ava!






Just a bit more bragging as I share the Sassy
Six (soon to be Seven) ...








And certainly I can't leave out the Sassy Sisters.

Check out this "oldie" with our mother ... (l-r, Barb, Dolores, Carol, Mom, Me), and a more recent one (Me, Dolores, Barb & Carol) ...


Two of three and their spouses at Christmas: Barb & Jim, Hal & Carol)


I dare not leave out our Sassy Sidekicks - friends, surrogate children, traveling buddies, pastor ... Greg & Lori


And I simply must include a few of my Sassy Small Group Sisters:




Don't you just love photos,
AND Valentine's?!!!


BE MINE !!!

23 comments:

Rebecca said...

What beautiful valentines! You are blessed, indeed!

RCUBEs said...

And that is what love is all about: God, family and friends! Awesome family! Thank you for sharing and may God bless you all the more! Still growing in number....Have a great day sister...

Beth E. said...

That's a lot of sassiness goin' on! What great pictures, and what wonderful friends and family.

One of these days, we'll be having our picture taken together. Then I can be added to the ranks of the sassies! ;-)

Hugs,
Beth

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Thanks for sharing the loves of your life's photos! What blessings you have!

skoots1mom said...

you are truly blessed with a plethora of sassies :)

sonja said...

Oh yes, I DO love the photos! What a wonderful family you are blessed with. Your page also looks so festive. I tried to get falling hearts on mine, but they fell in little black squares!!!???!!! I remain computer challenged, but you are forging ahead!

Denise said...

Such precious valentines.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am thrilled to be given the privilege of stepping into your world of favorite loves,via Valentine's Day. What good looking groups of people makeup your Valentine's list. Really, this was so much fun. You are one very blessed lady! This was a great post! I feel like I know you a little better now. Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day to you too! I wonder if they all are as gifted as you are at writing?

Nel said...

Loved your pics! Thanks for sharing your valentines with us.

until next time... nel

Terri Tiffany said...

You have the most handsomest family:)) I know your Valentine's day will be great!!

manthano said...

With a family like that you have a
lot to be thankful for. Just don't
let it go to your head. You know
who gave them to you.

Have a great Valentine's day.

manthano said...

With a family like that you have a
lot to be thankful for. Just don't
let it go to your head. You know
who gave them to you.

Have a great Valentine's day.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Lot's of sassy love. You look marvelous darling, but then you always have to me. Enjoy the weekend.

peace~elaine

Rita said...

Sounds to me like you have a pretty sassy group to spend Valentine's Day with! Have fun and lots of love to you on this day of love!

LisaShaw said...

Oh this is SO precious...sweet valentine's indeed!!! Love you dear friend!

Jackie said...

Wow, I love all of your sassy peeps!!!

Luv and Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

cindy said...

I popped over from Heart Choices.

Love your pictures. You are blessed or maybe your family is blessed to have you!

Andrea said...

God is so good, and oh, my, how He has blessed you with a wonderful family!!! I loved looking at your pictures!

I hope you and yours have a very blessed Valentine's Day - a most memorable one! It's one of my favorite holidays!

Love you much!

Andrea

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

The best kind of Valentines to collect - the people we love. :)

Blessings,
Susan

christy rose said...

awww! Those are some great Valentines! Love all of those pictures!

Rose said...

What a great looking bunch of "sassies"!

Loren said...

What a beautiful bunch of Sassy's!! Everyone of them!
I love it ~ Happy Valentines to you my Sassy friend ....Much Love to you

Shirl said...

That's a LOT of sassiness!!! Made me smile!