Friday, December 4, 2009

This I Believe ...


About to turn 13, this young one is a lively and lovely (and so very funny) family member that never ceases to amaze and engage. The depths of her heart have been visible since her infancy, but more-and-more we see the riches there; and never more so than in the un-edited piece that follows.

Celtic in origin, the name Rylie (Riley) means courageous. It is an apt title for a girl who's middle name is Hope. She is the quintessential embodiment of both!

She is my beloved granddaughter, Rylie Hope.

For Thanksgiving, she let the world know:

THIS I BELIEVE ...

I can live because I have beliefs.


My beliefs help me live, but if someone had no beliefs, they would be a zombie. This I believe ... happiness is the structure of life. If your life can be structured around happiness, like mine, you can actually live life and be successful.

With happiness you can have an imagination.

This I believe ... that without happiness, the mind is sad and becomes dead, and with no imagination or creativeness.


The power of he imagination is used for everything. I believe imagination makes people happier because I enjoy using mine. I use my more creative imagination for writing stories or even talking to someone. I even make up some words (*). But without an imagination, I believe that makes life extremely difficult.

Another belief I possess is to have kindness towards others, and to be peaceful. When you are kind and do good things to others, you can make friends. Friends can bring happiness, which I believe can be the structure of life.

The best friends are friends who give happiness and don't take it. They are a good influence and don't do bad things which influence upon you to do bad things.

The two beliefs - happiness and kindness - are linked to the soul structure, and keep us living.

Without happiness we become angry or sad and depressed, and are no longer kind.

Without kindness, we cannot be happy because there is no one to make you happy when you're not kind. So you must have happiness and kindness to live life.

This I believe.


(*) This will not be a lost fact to those that know me!!!!

.

16 comments:

a woman who is said...

hanks for dropping by Kathleen. Your granddaughter is amazing. It seems she is following in her grandmothers foot steps. What a marvelous season in life to be able to pour into the next generation.

I have read through several of your posts and have enjoyed them.

Debbie said...

What a beautiful and wise granddaughter you have Kathleen. I find it so encouraging to read of young people with hearts like this one. It gives me hope for this next generation.

Love you,
Debbie

Denise said...

God bless your precious granddaughter, such a treasure.

Rose said...

Kathleen, she is precious. What a wonderful outlook she has on life and so wise beyond her years.
I love the name. All my grands and greats have Biblical names, except for the baby and their names fit them as well.
Your granddaughter is a treasure, thanks for sharing her with us.

Hugs,
Rose

Diana said...

So special!! Thanks for sharing all.

Karen Lange said...

What a great post! Happy Birthday, Rylie! Thanks for sharing this:) Blessings!

Joan Carr said...

So very precious, and wise for such a young age. God is truly amazing in what He does in our grandchildren. I know you are waiting to see what else God is going to do through her, this I Believe..,

sonja said...

13 going on 30! How precious to hear from a heart so young who really THINKS and expresses like this. Give her a hug for me!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

I say "Amen" to Debbie's comments! You must be so proud of Rylie!

manthano said...

If more of us could think like that,
we would have a better world.

Thanks, Kathleen.

Runner Mom said...

She is precious and wise beyond years! Must run in her genes!!

Hugs!
Susan

Beth E. said...

What a precious young woman...I believe she and I would get along famously!

Love her writing...I also believe she takes after her Sassy Granny. ;-)

Hugs,
Beth
P.S. I'm so glad I'm not a zombie...whew!

skoots1mom said...

you've been 'buttoned'! come see :)

Just a little something from Judy said...

A grandmother's prayer...may they grow up to love and serve. This precious granddaughter's writing just blessed my heart. Her writing capacity reflects her special grandma's writing capacity. Writing, that when read can cause you to stop and reflect on your own life. What a great piece she wrote. She possesses common sense and wisdom. Characteristics that are often missing in today's youth. Congratulations to Rylie Hope!

LisaShaw said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! She is beautiful, amazing and a great encourager. Courageous hope...love that! I pray the blessings of the LORD OVER HER now and always.

Love you dear friend.

Rebecca said...

How very proud and thankful you must be! May God protect her heart and shower her life with additional blessings and she continues to walk in wisdom!