Monday, November 16, 2009

God Bless Shaniya

.
The beautiful, precious little girl in this picture is five year old Shaniya Davis.
.
For the past several days, since reported missing by her mother, the police and volunteers have been searching desperately for her.
.
From the git-go, conflicting stories about her disappearance have had many focusing intently on mommy.


The facts in this case are disgusting and disturbing, and utterly heartbreaking. I know. I've been following the story closely as I've hoped and prayed the child would be found alive and well.
.
Little Shaniya's lifeless body was found earlier today, dumped some 100 feet off a North Carolina roadway like trash. The police have charged her own mother in felony child abuse for having offered little Shaniya for child-prostitution purposes. A man has also been charged in this senseless case of torture and murder.
.
There's little more I can say, other than these sorts of crimes against children are occurring all too frequently, and often by the very parents that ought to be protecting them.
.
I hope and pray someone has a plan for preventing these heinous crimes from every happening again, to any child. Ever!
.
May little Shaniya be heard laughing with delight today in the arms of God.
.
Though my father and mother
forsake me, the Lord
will receive me
Psalm 27:10
.

18 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

My heart just broke. It saddens me beyond words. My only comfort is that she is dancing in heaven and happier than she ever could have imagined. That my friend, is my only comfort in reading this disturbing, horrible report.

Jacquelyn said...

this is just too painful to even read about. I'll never understand it.

"Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me" Psalm 27:10

Sassy Granny ... said...

Jacquelyn, thank you for the fitting, perfect scriptural quote! I've added it to the post.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I've followed the case as well; glad you posted on it this time...

Her body was found in a neighboring county of ours, near where my son attends college. So very disheartening.

peace~elaine

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

And dancing with little Alex... I like that image, don't you?!

peace~elaine

Loren said...

So sad Kathleen...so very sad.

In the arms in Jesus she now has true love, joy and a mansion filled with LOVE and a Heavenly Father who adores her

Rose said...

Kathleen,
Reading about things like this makes my mind travel down roads I really don't want to go down.(You know, like what I would like to do to the murderer and the mother.) It is heartbreaking to know that a precious child of God had to suffer at the hands of not only her mother but the one who actually murdered her. I too would like to think she is dancing and delighting in the LORD. It helps me maintain sanity.

LisaShaw said...

Saddens my heart every time I hear the story and pray. This precious child is now in the presence of the LORD where she has COMPLETE PEACE with the One who is Peace.

May GOD's justice be seen in all areas.

Denise said...

My heart is hurting so badly.

Beth E. said...

A beautiful little girl...my heart aches with the news of her suffering and death.

The scripture is perfect.

KelliGirl said...

I can't even fathom such evil. There are no words to explain or answer "why?" Stories like this break my heart, but they remind me that God is bigger than the incredible sin and evil in this world. He has overcome...and some day we will too.

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

It makes me physically ill to think of the horrors this precious little one had to endure.

Oh sweet one may your heart dance free now in the presence of our Savior. You are safe and above all loved.

Kay said...

These stories turn my stomach into knots. I remember when Amber H. (Amber Alerts were named after her) was found and how it just made me sick. It is beyond me how sick these stories are.

sonja said...

This is one of those things there are just no words for. She is safe and she is at peace tonight, in the loving arms of Jesus. There is no place better for this precious little girl.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

This post brought me to tears. What a horrendous crime! The only consolation is that she rests in Jesus's arms and knows a joy beyond our comprehension.

Rosezilla said...

this just breaks my heart. Now she's safe.

Technonana said...

It is beyond me to understand how ANY mother could cause this kind of pain to their own child.
There is no punishment good enough for people who harm innocents!!!

Shirley said...

You know...I just don't even know what to say!