Friday, October 23, 2009

Crawling Credits

Probing questions. Writers weave them into their work with purpose and mastery. In the land of Blogville, it's a common feature of our posts. The probing question is meant to stir our thoughts; it begs a responses.
.
The caption, Are We Writing a Great Story With Our Lives?, caught my notice at once, but the opening sentence cinched its affect:
.
"When the credits roll, will people shrug
and think my story was
kind of boring?
Will they think your story
was great, one that inspired
their own?
How might we intentionally
write a great story into our lives?"
.
Now that's writer's bait if ever such existed!
..
As if watching a mega credit crawl like the one seen on the back end of Star Wars, the production details of our lives unfold. What grand discovery, glorious design or furtive folly might they include? Will much attention have been paid to the particulars, or will it be a cobbled collection of this and thats?
.
More probing questions.
.
It's more than a biography, this credit rolling business. It speaks directly to the nuts & bolts of what makes me, me. It answers the oft-un-asked questions, like:
  • Who produced?
  • Who wrote the score?
  • Who designed the wardrobe?
  • Who captured the drama on film?
  • Who directed?
  • Who set the lighting?
  • Who cast the players?

Credit rolls rarely mention "how" or "what", but they are never without the "who"s. And, since no man is an island, we have come full circle with yet another probing question: Who's made our life story what it is? Boring? Inspiring? Intentional?

Those pesky probing questions!
.

10 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

So this post pulled at me:)) I give God the credit first and foremeost for shaping my life. My hsuband gets second credit for never letting it be boring for sure:))

Shirley said...

Thought-provoking!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

What wonderful question to ponder as I chop celery and onions for my soup!

Blessings
Robin

sonja said...

Oh... and how often I have prevented the producer from being in charge of His production! These are the same things He is showing me...again...these days, to let Him produce in me HIS best!
Thanks for the probing thoughts!

Andrea said...

I am nothing without GOD. Anything worthwhile found on my blogs or in my life is totally from HIM.
Amazed by HIS grace,
andrea

RCUBEs said...

I am just grateful that I was even in His cast! Soo grateful....Great post as always Sassy. And may you have a wonderful weekend. God bless.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

I agree with Sonja on this question.

The Lord wrote the play/story and is the producer, etc. Many times though I'm a rebellious actress, but He is patient and kind and helps me through the difficult scenes that I have created for myself.

Debbie said...

Very probing! What kind of story am I writing with my life? Definitely food for thought... Sometimes it feels like a great story and at other times it feels like a flop! Thanks for sharing...

God bless you,
Debbie

Rose said...

I love this post. WOW. Makes you really take an introspective look. God didn't do as much shaping with this life as He could have, had I not been so sure at one time, that I didn't need him.
So the first few chapters may be a bit rocky and not so wonderful, but my goodness these last few are like a "whodunnit". The story takes a turn and the reader will probably say, "I didn't see that coming." Praise God he is doing the writing now. Love this blog.
Have a blessed day.
Rose

Denise said...

Wow, very powerful post.