Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Etched Upon the Heart

I tore through the pages of the book as if my very life depended on it. What I thought to be a fictional work at first glance was, in reality, a non-fictional expose of a diabolical scheme. I simply could not believe what I was reading.
.
It took me several days to make my way through it, that book, and when at last I reached "The End", a most uncomfortable stirring gave rise to goosebumps. They were not the sort of goosebumps one gets from any pleasant cause. They rose with a peculiar darkness about them.
.
It really matters little WHAT* book I'd been reading. Suffice it to say it has occurred on many occasions as I've read through or listened to something that my deepest knower understands to be wrong, false ... even an outright lie ... and even when my conscious mind isn't altogether sure why.
.
Long before I became adept at finding my way around God's word (a process that never ends), His presence in my life has often kept me from buying into the aberrant. It's what happened that time long ago as I read through the aforementoined book.
.
What mortals had served up as fact was anything but. My head didn't know why; but my heart did.
.
Etched within and upon my heart by the skilled hands of God - so faithful a Father - is Truth. I'm not always quick to "get it", and while I certainly don't understand it all, I have come to believe I can trust the power of His presence, and His restraints.

I have come to trust in His discernment - the wisdom of the ages - that lays before me the way to go as well as the caution about where NOT to go, or what to buy into.

More and more I listen - not as swift-footed as I was in my youth when I'd run ahead, or when I'd fall for tall tales, or when I thought an emotional reaction to something was an automatic endorsement.

More-and-more I trust His process. It is etched upon my heart.
.
He purified their hearts by faith. Acts 15:9
..
Now it is God who makes us ... stand firm
in Christ.
He anointed us,
set His seal of ownership on us,
and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit,
guaranteeing what is to come.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22
.
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6.
.
God sent His Son ... to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts ... Galatians 4:4-6
.
"The time is coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant ...
I will put my laws in their minds and
write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people."
Hebrews 8:8, 10

..

(*) It was during the early 1980s, and the book I mention is "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", the forerunner to Dan Brown's "The DaVinci Code"

7 comments:

Denise said...

You are a wise woman, be blessed.

RCUBEs said...

The Bible warns us that Satan can also portray himself as an angel of light. Thanks be to God for His truth. We truly must be careful about anything that sounds so good at first but actually blasphemes our Lord. I'm glad you had that discernment. I always pray for that because I know I need it daily. To God be the glory! He is the only truth, the only way and the only life. Blessings to you Sassy Granny. Your post always inspires me. I love visiting you. If I don't show up sometimes, it's because I am not done digesting the big chunk I had bitten off from your post :)Sometimes, I'm slow to chew :) Blessings and praying for the Lord to continue to give us His discernment, protection, love and grace.

Shirl said...

Amen! Amen! I am so thankful for the discerning spirit God places within us. It protects us!

Heart2Heart said...

Kathleen,

This is an interesting post because even TV shows or movies claiming to be of God leave us questioning deep inside our soul whether this is true or not. It is that tell tell sign inside of us, the Holy Spirit, that convicts and causes that restlessness within us to want to change the channel or get up and leave.

Thank you for pointing out that everything isn't as it claims to be.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

christy rose said...

I am so overwhelmed sometimes of the great and wonderful gift that God has given us when He united us as ONE with Him through the Holy Spirit! He lives in us! He can and will lead us into ALL Truth if we will listen and pay attention. And He will rise up against lies within us too. We can always be aware at all times because we house the Omnicient One within us. Loved this post Kathleen. It is a great illustration of the Holy Spirit operating within you.

KelliGirl said...

How true! There are so many books out there that seem to offer truth, but just tickle our ears. I was just driving in my car and heard a pastor preaching on this very thing. If we are not rooted in the word and the Spirit of God, how can we possibly know truth from fancy.

One thing is for sure we can't rely on our common sense or logic, but must follow the convicting of the Spirit in our heart, even if we can't quite verbalize.

Blessings Kathleen!

Andrea said...

Hi, Kathleen! Thank you so much for your care and thoughtfulness! Your comment was the first thing I read online this morning. It filled my heart with thankfulness and joy.

How I would love the zucchinni bread and tea! My throat is still scratchy and sore!

I am feeling better. Just resting up now from much company, and I have been keeping grandchildren three to four days each week. Love it, but, oh, my, I am whipped afterwards. (I reluctantly admit I have fibromyalgia, which saps my energy, too.)

I have been working on my blog, trying to get pics for fall, etc. It seems that it's taking forever, but I am striving to return to a regular blogging schedule very soon.

I so treasure your valuable friendship and your faithful love of God. I pray your day will be blessed and filled with much joy in Jesus Christ.

Thank you, again, for bringing love and joy to my heart this morning.

Much love to you, dear friend,

Andrea