Monday, September 7, 2009

Blessed and Honored


Honored; that's what runs through my thoughts today.
.
Lisa Shaw - that prolific lady who's million-dollar smile and a heart to rival it - has invited me to be a Guest Blogger at her site.
.
Here's someone you'll find in the real world of everyday ministry as she, along with her husband, encourage people throughout the spectrum - whether at church, or amid the everyday lives of believers and non-believers alike. Look closer and you'll find her all over cyberspace - from a robust (and multiple) blogging realm to Facebook and elsewhere.
.
I've often tried to figure out when Lisa sleeps. From dawn to dusk she's about her Father's business, not to mention those aspects that summon her to the roles of mother and grandmother.
.
So last week I pondered and prayed, penned and re-penned a piece she has now posted. I wish I could tell you it was a cinch. The truth is, it was much, much harder to craft something for someone else than it is to pen something for my own Blog. (Click here to hop over to Lisa's place @ Sharing Life).
.
As if there weren't already enough blessing to bury me, Lisa's generous invitation has opened wide a door through which a small contingent of new friends have flooded. What a precious and unexpected by-product of her largesse and God's goodness!

.
Thank you, Lisa!
..
And thank you, all the wonderful new friends that have dropped in to leave comments, or who've sent email. What great fun it's been for me to meet you. Moreover, what great glory for the God we serve together.
.
It's been just a little over two years since I began my blogging endeavor. What amazes me most is how many deep and lasting friendships have formed with people I may never actually meet outside of cyberspace. Each has a style and grace all their own; and each certainly has a place in my heart.
.
Here it seems utterly appropriate to simply say "Wow"!
.
God bless you, one and all - and especially my dear hostess Lisa.
.


.


Kathleen


.
.
.
For more about Lisa, click here to read her Bio.
.

16 comments:

Denise said...

So glad God blessed me by leading me to your blog. You are such a sweet blessing to the blog world.

Diana said...

I so enjoyed your post of "Legacy." Such a blessing!

LisaShaw said...

Here I came to love on you for writing a power packed word from our LORD and I'm here finding you loving on me.

The LORD continues to use you to impress His guidance, wisdom and love upon my life.

I say it always, I say it again, I have a great deal of love and respect for you.

I am looking forward to continued words of wisdom from the LORD shared through you. You are a beautiful vessel for which He flows through and I'm so grateful to HIM.

As for me and hubby, we don't pastor here in Florida but oversaw in ministry in VA where we were ordained. We continue to press in to the call of GOD on our lives in ministering. Whenever asked to describe the ministry the LORD has placed before me and my Beloved, I often ask, "Do you know Dave and Joyce Meyer?" If they say, "Yes" then I say, we are similar to them. I'm the mouth of the ministry and my Hubby whom I adore and submit to with great pleasure is my Spiritual covering.

I could write volumes just on the lessons -- challenges and blessings I've learned in 19 years of marriage BUT I'm sure I'd learn FAR more from you Kathleen who has walked many miles before me.

Thank you for being you!

Love your new blog design. Love you. I pray you'll consider writing again on my Blog in the near future. I'd be honored and blessed as would the other ladies.

Andrea said...

Lisa is awesome!

You, too have a wonderful ministry. Your post touch all our hearts in a special way.

Blessings on your journey,
andrea

Van said...

... and when we all get to heaven we will meet!

LisaShaw said...

Sis, no need to change anything. Your words blessed my heart tremendously. I'm so grateful GOD uses you to bless us as you do.

I'm looking forward to reading and receiving more of what He gives to you for us.

Love ya Sis

Debbie said...

Kathleen... Your "legacy" post at Lisa's was absolutely fabulous and spoke directly to where I'm at in my journey. I have already thanked Lisa for introducing me to you and I will be back often!!

God bless you...

Heart2Heart said...

Kathleen,

I just love the fact I had found you in the midst of the blogging world, but I believe God led me to this special place through Lisa. Now I can be that much more blessed in my life to have two amazing, spiritual and motivational women as part of my family.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

skoots1mom said...

you are so right...God uses her in a special way...and you, too!

my "woes" are blending into my "goes" for dd heading to college...I hurt knowing it will never be the same...but, God gives me wonderful hopes and visions of where He'll take her...as my Granny reminds me from Heaven, Jesus NEVER leaves us as long as we don't turn our backs on Him. So, I'll be a persistently praying for her to recognize Jesus on her shoulder while she's learning her way through college and the rest of her life

Beth E. said...

I'm learning so much from you AND from Lisa...true Titus 2 women!

You said it all when you wrote, "Wow!" Now THAT'S a word I totally understand! ;-)

Love you, Sassy (my love to Lisa, too)...
Beth

Debra said...

Kathleen,

I'm here via Lisa's blog and your "legacy" post. I was blessed by your post. Thank you!

Blessings and big hugs to you!!

KelliGirl said...

Kathleen,
How cool to be a guest blogger. Congrats!

What a wonderfully, wise post (as I've come to expect). All the time spent writing and editing were well worth it! Your post reminds me of Nicole Nordeman's song "Legacy"...love the message of that song.

I was struck by your advice: "Always begin with the end in mind." That's something I need to do more of.

Blessings,
Kelli

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Your doorstep swings wide and gracious to all who stop by. Thanks for letting me in a long time ago.

peace~elaine

Debbie said...

Don't you just love our blogging world? I'm so glad to meet you through Lisa's blog. She is one of my very favorites and I see many others feel the same way about her. I look forward to getting to know you though. I see many of my friends' names so I'm not sure how I've missed out on meeting you before this. But I'll just have to catch up.

Saleslady371 said...

I, too, wonder when Lisa sleeps! She's a blessing to the Kingdom as are you.

christy rose said...

I love Lisa! I am going to head over there and read your guest post! What a privilege and an honor!