- The decline of the family.
- The decline of values.
- The decline of spirituality.
Those same studies allow us a peak at what's happening on the micro level as well. This gives me goosebumps, and is probablly all I need to share with this particular post.
- The first stage moves from bondage to spiritual faith.
- The second from spiritual faith to great courage.
- The third stage moves from great courage to liberty.
- The fourth stage moves from liberty to abundance.
- The fifth stage moves from abundance to selfishness.
- The sixth stage moves from selfishness to complacency.
- The seventh stage moves from complacency to apathy.
- The eighth stage moves from apathy to moral decay.
- The ninth stage moves from moral decay to dependence.
- And the tenth and last stage moves from dependence to bondage. 1]
"The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons." Fyodor Dostoyevsky
. "The true test of civilization is not the census ... nor the size of the cities ... nor the crops ... but the kind of man that the country turns out." Ralph Waldo Emerson
."Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpation." James Madison
."Civilization is always in danger when those who have never learned to obey are given the right to command." Unknown
All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the LORD,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before Him,
for dominion belongs to the LORD
and He rules over the nations.