Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Little Sass

We are not here to prove
that God answers prayer,
but to be living trophies
of God's grace.
Oswald Chambers
.
What inspiring, witty or reflective things might I write as I return after a six day hiatus? Surely my never-ending repertoire is more never-ending than ever? Oh that it were so!
.
Actually, I've spent the better part of the past week in bed. Yep, bed.
.
No sass.
.
No memory-making with the visiting princesses. No fancy home-cooking, No marathon Uno-Spin matches. No picnics in the park. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
.
But I'm walking and talking simultaneously again. And I'm laughing - - the stuff of which delights the 11 year old Allie and 12 year old Rylie. Grandpa too. The sass is back!
.
You know what else? Saturday's my 2nd year Blogger Anniversary (and something over 454 posts). Amazing.
.
So, as my sass-quotient rises I'll be
Making Rounds, visiting all of you who've dropped in to leave thoughts and well-wishes (I love it that I get a double dose of so many on Facebook). Have I ever told you how much I value those comments, or how much I've grown to love each and every one of you? If not, then let me be clear: I love you.
.
As I sign off for today, I cannot do less than close with the incredible fact of God's goodness and grace. Whether side-lined with the flu, or pondering the day's darker side, His face continues to shine upon us. We dwell in safety. What love! .
.
Many are asking,
"Who can show us any good?"
.
Let the light of your face shine
upon us, O LORD.
.
You have filled my heart with greater joy
than when their grain and new wine abound.
.
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.
.
Psalm 4:6-8
.

10 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Oh Sweet Sister,

I'm so glad you are up and walking and getting your "sassy" back. I know your Grands and Hubby appreciate that.

What a sweet message also. God is so good and I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Get stronger each day and walk refreshed.

Andrea said...

Dear, dear friend,

I am so sorry to hear you've been sick. I have been out-of-the-loop, so to speak. I'm glad you are recovering. Do take care as you regain your strength.

I love the Oswald Chambers quote. Beautiful! "Living trophies of God's grace." Oh, how I long to be one!

No pretense; no flamboyance. Just real! Just Jesus!

Praise God! Isn't He so good?

I pray the Lord will give you much grace and strength as you continue to heal. Again, please take care of yourself.

In His Love,

Andrea

christy rose said...

Sorry to hear that you have been sick Kathleen! But I am so glad that the "sass" is back!

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

So happy to see you back! I was just thinking today about how much I missed your posts! Every one is a blessing in my day.

I'm preparing for the arrival of my granddaughters, ages 10 and 12, next Wed. for a week. What joy I anticipate! Better than Christmas!

Terri Tiffany said...

Glad you are feeling the sass!! I felt badly that you were sick when your company came. No fun at all! But good you are on the mend and can jump back into life!

Beth E. said...

I'm so happy you are feelin' sassy again! I've missed you. Enjoy the rest of your granddaughters' visit.

Love ya,
Beth

Nel said...

So sorry you have been under the weather, but glad you are on the road to recovery. My momma always said "You can't keep a good woman down." And what momma said was gospel...lol.
Enjoyed your post!
...nel

skoots1mom said...

The first few days you're up and about after any flu are always so hard, my legs always feel so weak and my energy level has to ramp back up with the food that gradually gets added...continue getting rest and drinking lots of water...but you already know that.
So, here's to letting you know WE LOVE YOU TOO!
Wonderful message! Jesus is OUR BANNER!

Diana said...

Glad your feeling better and back to "sassin'." I followed each and every post while you were in Colorado. Thanks for sharing.


Diana

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

The flu? Are you kidding me? How nice of me to pop in and wish you well after you're feeling better. Just like me ... never one to miss a party.

I'm so sorry friend. I've been feeling under the weather the past two days. Lots of Sovereign Silver and NatraBio Sore Throat medicine. Truly, life savers for me.

peace~elaine