Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tonic from His Hand

Home.
.
My roots sink deep in Arizona sand. My heart rests peacefully in the linen that graces my own bed. My hands rest gratefully upon my open Bible, and around the warm cup of freshly brewed coffee.
.
Today is a day to unwind; to unravel the snarls from life's hurried tangle. It's been an arduous week of serving, thus today will be an equally arduous day of sitting idly beneath the gaze of The One that restores me.
.
Home. This sure feels like a preview (an infinitesimal one at that) of Heaven's grace to come. Work and rest in just the right dosage is truly a God-prescribed tonic.
.
You have made known to me
the path of life;
you will fill me with joy
in your presence, with
eternal pleasures at
your right hand.
Psalm 16:11
.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Amen!!! Have a wonderful, restful day!

Thank you for your prayers, and for sharing praise of our good report!

Blessings to you, Kathleen, as you enjoy your stillness.

Andrea

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Gracious, I thought you were taking the week off from blogging to be amongst the wild of Camp Durango! Boy, was I wrong. I've enjoyed reading all about your adventures; mostly, I love seeing God's obvious workings through you as you've opened up your heart for ministry.

Undoubtedly, you've stored enough memories for years to come. I look forward to hearing how they all will weave their way into your heart.

Love you.

peace~elaine

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

For the record, white-water rafting is the bomb! We love it.

peace~elaine

Saleslady371 said...

And I bet He is saying to you: "well done, my faithful daughter!"

Welcome home, Kathleen. I,too, missed you at Gooseberries. The gals want to do this again. So I will, indeed, get to meet you in person and collect a big warm hug.

Love,
Mary

Donalacasa said...

It sounds wonderful and in the past, this sounded similar to what my Saturday's sounded like, but my life has suddenly changed and I must find a new manner of creating a sabbath's rest.

Blessings!

Technonana said...

Lovely sentiments!! I know you are glad you are home!! There is NO PLACE like home!!

christy rose said...

A "God prescribed tonic!" What a great way to describe that sense of fulfillment in knowing you are experiencing God's perfect will and timing in your life. I loved reading your posts all week. They blessed me so much!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Enjoyed the post! Enjoy your day!

~Beth